IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Problems

norton737

Hi norton737,

Thank you for your time and kindly feedback.

Tool box and context menu options will be added in ASC 4 Beta2 soon.

For your registry file issue: Before the deep clean, is it OK?

BTW, why you open an registry files? IMO, it is a unusual operation.

Thank you in advance.

------------------------

PS:

Hi norton737,

Please try following method:

1) Open "Rescue Center" on right top of main window.

2) Select the Backup Log and click "Undo Changes".

3) Check whether the registry file issue solved.

If not, please send us the backup Logs for further investigation.

Usual Path:

C:\Users\Your-User-Name\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V4\Log

Tons of thanks.

See pictures!

A lot of people have noticed that inconsistency. First between IObit Toolbox 1.1 and ASC 3.7.2, then with ASC 3.7.2 and ASC 4 beta. It was actually happening back with Toolbox 1.0 and the version of ASC that was out then.

There are a lot of assumption as to the cause to be made. Hopefully they don't just make any of their software less effective to fix it, and maybe fix whatever ASC handicap is causing it(especially since it occurs in the paid PRO version)..

3.7.3 vs Beta 4:

Hi ron

I just ran it too ASC4 found 1 problem in deep scan a line in the registry that pointed at nothing because the file in question had been deleted.

I then ran ASC 373 it found 3 problems - the same one from the registry and 2 other shortcuts in Documents&Settings that didn't have a parent.

So obviously deep scan scans the registry, while reg.scan in 373 scans everything - IF the setting to scan deeply has been chosen in that program.

If one is afraid to tamper with the registry on a daily basis, one should not choose the deep scan option in 373

One can then once in a while run the deep scan seperately to clean just the registry.

Therefore it seems like if one had run the shortcut tool previous to running ASC4 deep scan and ASC373 reg.scan (with the deep option ticked) they would both only have found the one file in the registry!

Cheers

solbjerg

A lot of people have noticed that inconsistency. First between IObit Toolbox 1.1 and ASC 3.7.2, then with ASC 3.7.2 and ASC 4 beta. It was actually happening back with Toolbox 1.0 and the version of ASC that was out then.

There are a lot of assumption as to the cause to be made. Hopefully they don't just make any of their software less effective to fix it, and maybe fix whatever ASC handicap is causing it(especially since it occurs in the paid PRO version)..

3.7.3 vs Beta 4:

I scan multiple times a day on my xp sp3 and win7 test partitions, and have not had anything weird happen, that's with deep scan on both 3.7.3 and 4. I also use WWAN, LAN, and multiple WIFI APs on this laptop each week and haven't seen any issues with bandwidth or disconnects.

My picture was of deep registry scan both on 3.7.3 and 4 at the exact same time. I checked settings before doing it.

These are from a scan I just did:

v4

• daily care reg scan:60
  • deep care reg scan:60(identical values to daily)

3.7.3 Pro(deep enabled and all fields checked)

• reg scan:211

What scans the things that 3xx did in registry scan with deep, in v4?

Hi ron

Did you check what files was found in both? That should tell us what difference in the parameters they have, right?

Cheers

solbjerg

BTW Did you run the two defragmentation scans on top of each other??? How did you achieve the exact same time? (I would expect the reading head to reach one of the commands some milliseconds later) :-) (1 second is a long time in that context)

I scan multiple times a day on my xp sp3 and win7 test partitions, and have not had anything weird happen, that's with deep scan on both 3.7.3 and 4. I also use WWAN, LAN, and multiple WIFI APs on this laptop each week and haven't seen any issues with bandwidth or disconnects.

My picture was of deep registry scan both on 3.7.3 and 4 at the exact same time. I checked settings before doing it.

These are from a scan I just did:

v4

• daily care reg scan:60
  • deep care reg scan:60(identical values to daily)

3.7.3 Pro(deep enabled and all fields checked)

• reg scan:211

What scans the things that 3xx did in registry scan with deep, in v4?

Hi ron

Did you check what files was found in both? That should tell us what difference in the parameters they have, right?

Cheers

solbjerg

BTW Did you run the two defragmentation scans on top of each other??? How did you achieve the exact same time? (I would expect the reading head to reach one of the commands some milliseconds later) :-) (1 second is a long time in that context)

No, no fragmentation scans. I just disable all other stuff and did registry there; unless registry defragmentation is integrated now there.

After looking at results, I guess it makes sense if deep scan only does registry and daily does more for identical results to occur if the one that does more finds nothing in the extra places, and deep finds nothing in deep places, but both find stuff in shared scan locations.

Hi ron

Also in the settings the recommended setting is to use "Deep Scan (Deep scan only)". We could try to check it with that option unticked!

Thank you for your diligence!

Cheers

solbjerg

No, no fragmentation scans. I just disable all other stuff and did registry there; unless registry defragmentation is integrated now there.

After looking at results, I guess it makes sense if deep scan only does registry and daily does more for identical results to occur if the one that does more finds nothing in the extra places, and deep finds nothing in deep places, but both find stuff in shared scan locations.

Here is some more data:

Protocol:

1. Launch both versions
  2. 373 with deep enabled and all registry options checked
  3. Beta4 daily, then deep care, both with deep scan and all other reg options checked.

logs were checked for personal info, they were safe.

373 one exceeded 50KB so it is here for 1 month:http://pastebin.com/fwyM11Fx

Registry Scan Report(daily).txt

Registry Scan Report(deep).txt

• 2 weeks later...

Archived