IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Paged Pool Memory Low

blacksea

I play the game Counterstrike:Source. Few weeks ago I got an error which the game constantly crashed. It said 'OS Paged Pool Memory Low.' I was able to play for about 2-3 min and then it crashed. So I searched for a solution on the internet and found this;

Start Menu > Run > regedit

Surf down to this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Session Manager\Memory Management

Double click on "PagedPoolSize". Hexadecimal is listed first. Change the "Value Data" to one of these below:

(Note: You only need to enter EITHER Hexadecimal or Decimal. They both are the same.)

Megabytes Hexadecimal Decimal

192Mb 0c000000 201326592

256Mb 10000000 268435456

384Mb 18000000 402653184

I tried the '18000000' and it did solved the problem. But I don't know if that could do any harm afterward to my computer. So if someone has good knowledge about computers, I want to ask if you would recommend this. If it is okay to change it that way.

No

why? its possible you are pushing the PC to its limits.rather over limits.

1 of 2 things here if your system was not designed for game playing,card,memory,CPU.and so on ,you will over heat the system.plus pushing this can burn you out of a unit.if at the present moment its defaults should be plenty to run high end games. IF its a GAMING PC,but you may need updating a few things.to take care of them.with reserves.at hand.your CPU would be running flat chat.With what you are doing NOW?

like driving a car with the brakes on.something will give.

I advice you undo this.But then others may say its OK..that is a risk you run

I do not support this sort of thing .like turbo Apps,and the like.or what you are trying.

Its may be OK Short term, But its not nice when you hear Crack and crackling.

then see a bit of smoke?

I build may of them from old to new .if its a gaming PC then it would run games perfect.if it is not then get one,thy are very different to the average system.

any how good luck on what you decide.

Mr Bean

Hi Mr Bean,

No, I have not a gaming pc, but my pc can run CS:S. The recommended options of the graphic settings are set high. I have an FPS of 100 which gives a clue that my pc can run the game.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual

Core Processor 3800+

2,00 GHz - 2 GB of ram.

Radeon X1650 series 512 mb

All is updated.

CS:S is not one of the latest high end games. It can be played on a the average computer.

Archived