IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Disk Doctor and MCX2PROV.EXE

extra

I have run Disk Doctor over 20+ times in the last couple of days. It gets about 38% thru and then stops having identified these 4 files (mcx2prov.exe, mcxdatapath.dll, mfcongestioncontroller.dll, mstvcapn.dll). Sometimes it's only these 4 files and sometimes there are other files listed. I then follow the recommendation "restart now and complete analysis (recommended)".

When rebooting up my laptop runs the disc cleanup which always shows that it deletes these 4 files and then recovers them.

Do I need to just keep running Disck Doctor until it gets all the way thru or is there something else going on?

Hi extra

I suppose it is ASC extras you are talking about and not the program Toolbox?

Please make some screenshots.

If you can run a normal Windows chkdsk/full it should generate approximately the same report as Disk Doctor (this takes about an hour in Window. Disk Doctor is usually quicker than that :-)

If something is amiss you could try sfc /scannow (precisely as written) in Run

Cheers

solbjerg

I have run Disk Doctor over 20+ times in the last couple of days. It gets about 38% thru and then stops having identified these 4 files (mcx2prov.exe, mcxdatapath.dll, mfcongestioncontroller.dll, mstvcapn.dll). Sometimes it's only these 4 files and sometimes there are other files listed. I then follow the recommendation "restart now and complete analysis (recommended)".

When rebooting up my laptop runs the disc cleanup which always shows that it deletes these 4 files and then recovers them.

Do I need to just keep running Disck Doctor until it gets all the way thru or is there something else going on?

@extra

Hi :mrgreen:

Sorry, but what's the problem ?

These files are parts of the M$ Windows OS.

halt :

http://www.processlist.com/info/mfcongestioncontroller-2.html

BTW, in my ASC edition the Disk Doctor is still a beta >

http://www.bilderkiste.org/show/original/0129466425247/Unbenannt.png

As solbjerg noted, please provide a bit more information.

Cheers ;-)

Archived