IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IE Home page being reset?

cosmoose

I did not let either of those install.

Before installing ASC, my home pages were set to msn.com, gmail.com and google.com; every time Irestart my computer post ASC install, they have been changed to http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/welcome.aspx and the Microsoft hotmail sign in page. If I reset my home pages to what I want, they have been changed to the other two after a restart. This has only happened after installing ASC. I have disabled all privacy sweeps for Internet Explorer, yet this keeps happening, is there something else in ASC that could be doing this? I have not installed any other software in quite some time.

Thanks.

Hi cosmoose,

The settings could have been defaulted in IE Security Assistant in ASC and returning to those values when Care is done .

Try the follwing:

ASC=>click Utilities=>click Security tab=>click IE Security Asistant=>IE Security Asistant window=>click IE Settings=>Internet Explorer Hijack pane on the right=>click on a Setting line you want to change=>click Modify current setting...=>change to wharever you like=>click OK button=>click Close button.

Repeat Modify current setting... for each item you want to change.

Cheers.

Is there any way to turn off the IE security assistant? If I uncheck the items, they all seem to get checked again the next time I look.

I'll have to see about putting in the correct values for home page; if I want three home pages in tabs, do they get seperated by a ;?

Thanks

Hi cosmoose

Have you checked your settings in control panel/internet settings?

Cheers

solbjerg

Is there any way to turn off the IE security assistant? If I uncheck the items, they all seem to get checked again the next time I look.

I'll have to see about putting in the correct values for home page; if I want three home pages in tabs, do they get seperated by a ;?

Thanks

I have to reset my home page settings in IE > Tools > Internet options, and it still seems after every time ASC runs, my pages have been reset. Can this part of ASC be disabled? If not, I'm going to uninstall ASC, even tho I have the pro version.

Hi cosmoose

Please read Usage of IObit Products

When you have reset your home page and then run System Optimize you can either refrain from doing that or you can click on "problems found" and then choose to ignore the "problems" / settings you do not want to change.

You should not use the button "Care" before you have placed your selected "problems"/settings in the Ignore list!!

Cheers

solbjerg

I have to reset my home page settings in IE > Tools > Internet options, and it still seems after every time ASC runs, my pages have been reset. Can this part of ASC be disabled? If not, I'm going to uninstall ASC, even tho I have the pro version.

IE Security Assistant from Utilities->Security is the only thing in ASC that touches that registry key, and you have to manually run it and type the value. What this means is it's not ASC changing it.

The closest thing to what you suggest is Registry Cleaner that wipes typed URL history and some other things for IE.. I run it all the time and my homepage is still the same both on XP and 7 IE, and I have all IE clean options ticked..

Might want to do a security scan..

Archived