IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Game Booster is'nt helping

Hi versatilex

Looks like 800 Mhz?

Unless you have already configured your services to use as few resources as possible you should be able to get some benefit from GB.

I recommend that you do not run it on batteries.

Cheers

solbjerg

My spec are:

Inspiron 1440

Windows 7(Build 7600)

Pentium® Dual Core CPU

Memory:2048

Mobile Intel® 4 series Express Chipset family

Is there something wrong with my comp?

Hi versatilex

Generally today the Mhz is 2-3 times as high (faster) even in some cases 4 times as high.

In the latter case - provided there also is 2-4 GB RAM you would probably (by your senses) not notice any improvement from utilizing GameBooster. But as it probably is 800 Mhz you have, you should be able to see some improvement, unless you already had configured your service settings manually to optimize your game playing. In this specific case you would then have to manually go back to the previous settings in services.

Gamebooster does this for you automatically - almost - at least much easier.

It of course also depends on your connection speed (1-5-10-50 Mbits/s)?

Cheers

solbjerg

I dont think i understand you so well(plz dont flame me :oops:) can you simplify it a bit please?

P.s i dont run my laptop on battery it is always plugin in when i use it

Could it be that game booster is really designed around windows vista? Because I dont notice much improvment either :/ Vista was buggy as hell so there was plenty of room to optimize but I think 7 really manages the system well. I use game booster mainly to free up memory by killing certain programs.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

4gb ram

AMD Phenom 9100e Quad-Core Processor 1.80 GHz (fail!)

500 gb WD hard drive

And a terribly designed case (HP slimlines fail)

Could it be that game booster is really designed around windows vista? Because I dont notice much improvment either :/ Vista was buggy as hell so there was plenty of room to optimize but I think 7 really manages the system well. I use game booster mainly to free up memory by killing certain programs.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

4gb ram

AMD Phenom 9100e Quad-Core Processor 1.80 GHz (fail!)

500 gb WD hard drive

And a terribly designed case (HP slimlines fail)

I was thinking the same thing maybe game booster was opimized for vista

Sadly i have an intergrated graphics card :-( Mobile Intel R 4 series express chipset family

You say my hardware isnt bad can you plz specify on this?

Btw there is something you should know. When game booster 2 was still in its beta stage i used to run windows vista home basic. It used to do the trick cause most of my games back then used to run decent (not too bad not too good) but ever since i switched to win 7 i get some terrible lag, which makes it unplayable(still happens) this question crossed my mine is it possible that game booster was optimized better for vista, and xp? If thats the case should i downgrade back to vista sure i may loose some performance but i want my comp to be a entertainment system which vista used to help out with alot

P.S im running windows 7 home premium 32-bit(6.1, Build 7600)

I had XP and loved it. I installed Vista (32) and my computer ran slower and I otherwise hated it. I uninstalled it and went back to XP.

I then installed Windows 7 (64) and liked better than XP. My system runs faster with 7 then the other 2 (I have UAC off).

I run L4D2 real well with a system slightly slower system than you have (except for the video card).

Your system is being held back by your video. No one plays games with on-board video.

IMO, you should look to upgrade your video card. Game Booster won't help that. Your memory is fine.

Well it can run games pretty well but graphical games are a killer graphical meaning very very graphical

P.S this may sound really extremely weird but vista did seem to do the trick im experiencing much smoother gameplay now(weird i know) if someone can get the answer to this plz let me know. VISTA IS BETTER THAN 7? YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME

Archived