IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag and Ejecting Ext backup Drive

Hello, I have 2 large Ext backup "FreeGate Desk" drives that will not eject or allow Windows 7 64Bit to display the "Safe to Remove Hardware" info dialog when Smart Defrag is installed. A dialog is displayed that something is accessing the external drives, and to close that application. I've narrowed the problem down to Smart Defrag. The Ext drive software is "Seagate Desk Manager" that comes with the drives. Is there anyway to get the 2 programs to play nice with each other or must I get another Defragment program? I would hate to take the chance of corrupting my data on the drives by disconnecting them while they are still being accessed/writen too. Thanks for any help.

Hi Coop

This issue has been discussed many times previously, please find those posts.

In the meantime have you tried right clicking the Removal of hardware icon? This will give you a box where you can stop the process, and when this is finished you can remove the hardware.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello, I have 2 large Ext backup "FreeGate Desk" drives that will not eject or allow Windows 7 64Bit to display the "Safe to Remove Hardware" info dialog when Smart Defrag is installed. A dialog is displayed that something is accessing the external drives, and to close that application. I've narrowed the problem down to Smart Defrag. The Ext drive software is "Seagate Desk Manager" that comes with the drives. Is there anyway to get the 2 programs to play nice with each other or must I get another Defragment program? I would hate to take the chance of corrupting my data on the drives by disconnecting them while they are still being accessed/writen too. Thanks for any help.

Archived