IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag v2.0 beta bug

Fel

So I noticed that when I was defragmenting my computer that the number of fragments kept going up.

http://i51.tinypic.com/4twrwx.png

I think that it should be going down not up.

It also seems like it is showing how much it already defremented.

hi jaring and Fel

It must be a bug I think, otherwise they have changed what it shows.

By me the analyze said several thousand fragments - I choose the recommended fast defrag - the program started the defrag and the number of fragments went down - but then they began to rise and ended with around 1500 fragments.

My interpretation of this is that at first it moves all fragments (red blocks) and when finished with that it starts to count the fragments (possibly the fragmented files) it has optimized and end showing how many fragments/files it has "cleaned", - at least the number shown was the same as the number shown in the report as having been defragmented (and possibly also optimized)

Does not matter much once one knows if this is how it is working now in this version - is my personal view. :-)

But we need to know how to interpret the shown numbers!!

Cheers

solbjerg

it happens to me too..

when defragging... i get higher and higher.. from 2 fragments to 1000 fragments..:lol:

Archived