IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Need Help!

dullingpd

I have cable as my internet connection and since installing IObit 360, I keep losing my internet connection several times a day. When I asked my cable company, they said that they use "dynamic IP addresses" - my IP address changes every few hours. Is there a way to fix this on IObit 360? Thanks, dullingpd

Malware ?

Welcome to the forum dullingpd :smile:

IObit Security 360 is anti-malware software and should not have any affect on your internet connection.

Have you checked your firewall logs to see if it is blocking you ?

Do you have the free or pro version of IObit Security 360 ?

If you have the pro version, is it always running in the background ?

Has IObit Security 360 found and quarrantined any malware ?

If you are asking if IObit Security 360 can stop your IP address from changing, the answer is no.

Dynamic (changing) is what your Internet Service Provider (ISP) gives you and you would need to talk to them if you really want Static (unchanging).

Dynamic is very common for home users, it is considered slightly safer because your constantly changing IP address makes the task more difficult for hackers etc

Edit: I will move this thread to the IObit Security 360 section but I really don't think IObit Security 360 is the cause of your loss of internet connection.

All the best, woz of oz

Archived