IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Losing space with ASC

Kyoukan

I been using ASC for a little while with the paid version. And i recently reinstalled my OS and put all programs(ventrillo, games, ect.) on the external and reinstalled the OS on my PC's internal harddrive. When I use ACS i to do cleanups, registry fixes, and the other tools, my internal drive space keeps dissappearing. Over the last month with no other programs but the OS updates on the internal, my internal drive lost almost 6 gigs of space.

A friend of mine told me it was Advance systemcare causing this issue. Id like to know what i can do to fix it, if i need to get rid of ASC or if there is anything that can be done?

Hi KOR

Have you checked your Windows System restore settings?

12% of for example a 300 GB drive comes to 36 GB that can eventually be stored there.

And then there are the NTuser Data too (old ones and other users)

Cheers

solbjerg

I am finding this happening also. I have not installed any programs that should be taking up 2 or 3 gigs of space and I have UNinstalled programs and yet it seems to be less space than I had several months ago

KOR-

Yes, I keep 'system restore' at lowest. I do remember that when I used Tuneup 2009, that I was able to delete major size of the system restore and it showed up in Advanced care as free. I delete the system restore on CCleaner and it does not show up in AC only 2 or 3 megs at a time.

I clean out junk many times a day and yet it is 2/3 gigs over what it used to be as far as space used

KOR-

Hi Kor

I think I would try to find the files responsible by using ASC tools and find the 100 largest files on the computer. I would then decide what to do with them, dependent on how necessary they are or on how necessary I deemed them.

Have you tried that?

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes, I keep 'system restore' at lowest. I do remember that when I used Tuneup 2009, that I was able to delete major size of the system restore and it showed up in Advanced care as free. I delete the system restore on CCleaner and it does not show up in AC only 2 or 3 megs at a time.

I clean out junk many times a day and yet it is 2/3 gigs over what it used to be as far as space used

KOR-

Archived