IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Can't find the problem...

Floydspaws

Hi Floydspaws

Are you running several cleaning programs or malware scanners or optimizing programs automatically. Try making do with one at a time :-)

A chkdsk /r is always good to try - likewise sfc /scannow in case something is amiss in your Windows setup.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. The answer you got gives you a reference to a more than 15 month old post and then goes on to advocate the use of MBAM, which then finds nothing wrong.

The whole string of posts end up with targeting Windows as a possible culprit.

Well my feeling is expressed above :-)

p.p.s. It never ceases to amaze me that the shifting around of millions/billions of bytes generates so amazingly few errors. :-)

Security Forums took a look here:

http://www.security-forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=63862

... but didn't come up with anything. I'm taking no notice of their comments about IObit - they couldn't show it had produced the problem.

Can you fix it?

Any help appreciated.

Hi Floyd

Have you tried letting Windows choose the best settings for your computer?

sysdm.cpl Opens System Settings * Windows key + Pause/Break works too!

If that changes anything you will in ASC have to check the "problems" especially in System optimize and place those you need in the Ignore list.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Solbjerg,

I just use IOBit ASC Pro and Avast.

chkdsk and sfc/scannow don't come up with anything either.

Time for patience and maybe spending a few £££.

How cr*p is that! :shock:

Hi solbjerg,

Since no virus was found in another forum, perhaps some of our members may have suggestions, so I am moving this thread to IObit Security 360 section, as only Admins. and Malware Fighters can reply in Spyware-Malware Removal Help! section.

Hi Floydspaws, welcome to IObit Forum.:grin:

Before someone else responds, you can be prepared with the latest softwares concerning security.

Please update your Adobe 9.4.2 to version 10.0.1, and Java 6 update 23 to 24, and Adobe Flash Player 10.1.85.3 to 10.2.152.26.

It is advisable to clean the clutter of Java with JavaRa 1.6 after updating Java to 24.

Also, the below lines in your HijackThis log seems to be problematic to me.

O23 - Service: NMIndexingService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe

There is a file missing in the first one and Symantec service belongs to Norton Internet Security Suite and may conflict with your Avast.

You have to get rid of all remnants of Norton. I think you can use Norton Removal Tool 2011.0.5.9 .

Cheers.

Thanks my friend! Good idea! solbjerg

Hi enoskype,

Thanks for lending a hand.

I've updated Adobe, Java and Flash Player, and cleaned up afterwards.

Hijack This log below shows the Norton removal tool seems to have done the job.

I can't find the serial number for Nero 7 so reinstalled/uninstalled an OEM copy of Nero 6. The NMIndex entry is still showing in a new HijackThis log.

The system does seem to be working better than it was... IObit SmartRAM still seems to be getting pulled though not as low (190 - 220) Task Manager looks more settled.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4

Scan saved at 08:26:03, on 20/02/2011

Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)

Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastSvc.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\TrueImageMonitor.exe

C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\TimounterMonitor.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe

C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\avastUI.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe

C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3\AWC.exe

C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3\Sup_SmartRAM.exe

C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboTaskBarIcon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe

C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe

C:\Program Files\Diskeeper Corporation\Diskeeper\DkService.exe

C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe

C:\Program Files\UPHClean\uphclean.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe

C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HiJackThis\HiJackThis.exe

C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://nationwide.co.uk/default.htm

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll

O2 - BHO: RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - {3049C3E9-B461-4BC5-8870-4C09146192CA} - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Real\RealPlayer\BrowserRecordPlugin\IE\rpbrowserrecordplugin.dll

O2 - BHO: Increase performance and video formats for your HTML5 <video> - {326E768D-4182-46FD-9C16-1449A49795F4} - C:\Program Files\DivX\DivX Plus Web Player\npdivx32.dll

O2 - BHO: Use the DivX Plus Web Player to watch web videos with less interruptions and smoother playback on supported sites - {593DDEC6-7468-4cdd-90E1-42DADAA222E9} - C:\Program Files\DivX\DivX Plus Web Player\npdivx32.dll

O2 - BHO: RoboForm BHO - {724d43a9-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\roboform.dll

O2 - BHO: Java Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll

O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll

O3 - Toolbar: &RoboForm - {724d43a0-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\roboform.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TrueImageMonitor.exe] C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\TrueImageMonitor.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AcronisTimounterMonitor] C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\TimounterMonitor.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acronis Scheduler2 Service] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DiskeeperSystray] "C:\Program Files\Diskeeper Corporation\Diskeeper\DkIcon.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast5] "C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\avastUI.exe" /nogui

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 10.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Advanced SystemCare 3] "C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3\AWC.exe" /startup

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [smartRAM] "C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3\Sup_SmartRAM.exe" /m

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [RoboForm] "C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboTaskBarIcon.exe"

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe (User 'SYSTEM')

O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe (User 'Default user')

O4 - Global Startup: AutorunsDisabled

O8 - Extra context menu item: Customize Menu - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComCustomizeIEMenu.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000

O8 - Extra context menu item: Fill Forms - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComFillForms.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: RoboForm Toolbar - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComShowToolbar.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Save Forms - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComSavePass.html

O9 - Extra button: Fill Forms - {320AF880-6646-11D3-ABEE-C5DBF3571F46} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComFillForms.html

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Fill Forms - {320AF880-6646-11D3-ABEE-C5DBF3571F46} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComFillForms.html

O9 - Extra button: Save - {320AF880-6646-11D3-ABEE-C5DBF3571F49} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComSavePass.html

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Save Forms - {320AF880-6646-11D3-ABEE-C5DBF3571F49} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComSavePass.html

O9 - Extra button: RoboForm - {724d43aa-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComShowToolbar.html

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: RoboForm Toolbar - {724d43aa-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComShowToolbar.html

O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe

O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{852B9940-858B-4DD3-83CB-C8319A6508B0}: NameServer = 192.168.1.1

O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL

O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Browseui preloader - {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll

O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll

O23 - Service: Acronis Scheduler2 Service (AcrSch2Svc) - Acronis - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe

O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe

O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - AVAST Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastSvc.exe

O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe

O23 - Service: Diskeeper - Diskeeper Corporation - C:\Program Files\Diskeeper Corporation\Diskeeper\DkService.exe

O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe

O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe

O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe

O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\PROSetWired\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe

O23 - Service: NMIndexingService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe (file missing)

--

End of file - 8829 bytes

Hi Floyd

What are your settings in SmartRam? Do you have it running continuously?

Screenshot or description of the settings would be good I think.

Cheers

solbjerg

... well on relaunch, Firefox squeezes the SmartRAM reading hard (down to 110) but actually opens fairly quickly. The load seems to last about 10 seconds then reverts to 185+.

Hi Floyd

What are your settings in SmartRam? Do you have it running continuously?

Screenshot or description of the settings would be good I think.

Cheers

solbjerg

Description of the settings? All 4 options are ticked

- run at startup

- autofree RAM while system is idle

- don't autofree during high CPU useage

- use smart ram decompression technology

I'll try switching it off...

Description of the settings? All 4 options are ticked

- run at startup

- autofree RAM while system is idle

- don't autofree during high CPU useage

- use smart ram decompression technology

I'll try switching it off...

This seems to have resolved the svchost memory gluttony. Firefox is using running at 115000+ memory in task manager though - is that to be expected? I'm running 514 Mb memory - that's near 25%...

Hi Floydspaws,

Since you are not using it, try disabling Nero service if it is in the services.

AdobeARM and Java Update both can be stopped starting at the startup of Windows to have more RAM at the beginning.

Personally, I would start Diskeeper defragmenter after startup and when needed.

Do you use a lot of add-ons enabled in Firefox? Those would use the RAM on start of the browser and effect the opening time.

Switching off the options you use in SmartRAM wouldn't give you any noticable change. I use it with all options turned ON (except clipboard).

Please try to alternate the settings in different occasions, for us to be sure of the results.

All the best and cheers.

Nero's stopped in services.

I'm not really too worried about the slowish initial startup - that's something Avast (free) brings with it anyway.

Disckeeper is set to 'smartscan' and seems to do a fair job of keeping the data tidy. Sometimes I've been doing manual scans (out of frustration) but to be honest these make no difference I can see unless I've been messing with the installation.

Firefox is pretty add-on free on my PC. The clean Firefox reinstall included new add-on files. They are: Adblock Plus, Java console/quick starter, MS .net framework asst, Roboform, tabmix plus and Voucher IM.

Looks like we're at the end here though. Thanks eno :)

Hi Floydspaws,

Since you are not using it, try disabling Nero service if it is in the services.

AdobeARM and Java Update both can be stopped starting at the startup of Windows to have more RAM at the beginning.

Personally, I would start Diskeeper defragmenter after startup and when needed.

Do you use a lot of add-ons enabled in Firefox? Those would use the RAM on start of the browser and effect the opening time.

Switching off the options you use in SmartRAM wouldn't give you any noticable change. I use it with all options turned ON (except clipboard).

Please try to alternate the settings in different occasions, for us to be sure of the results.

All the best and cheers.

Archived