IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Keyloggers

Hello,

I'm new to IMF, but just wanted to "kick the tires". I'm not too fully aware of its real time protection, but it doesn't seem to pick up keyloggers too well: http: //16s.us/16k/ This is a simple C++ keylogger that goes undetected. It's not even picked up in a scan.

EDIT:

LINK is delinked.

I read a thread at Wilders about this same keylogger and it seems there are a few security softwares that don't pick it up under 'everyday conditions'

By 'everyday conditions' I mean not having the security software settings at Full or Paranoid or Expert mode (or whatever it's called) which would produce almost endless pop-up warnings (and frustrate the 'average/home' user)

Also, if my memory serves me well, it is digitally signed so that puts it at a certain level of 'trust'.

According to the author it is not malicious, it is just a proof of concept and at Wilders it is being used to test security software in the same way you used it to test IMF

Still, malicious key logging is something that all security software must endeavour to master.

All the best, woz of oz

Archived