IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

New "Online detailed report" "feature" annoying

Does anybody else find this new feature annoying as hell? I have the paid version and I don't think I should have to be driven to the IOBit site.

Seems like a cheap attempt to cull data or drive up site traffic and almost "spyware" like in it's execution. If they want to impose this on unpaid versions fine but allow an "opt-out" setting for folks with paid versions.

It could be I am just a cranky old guy but I'm guessing there are a lot of other people who would feel the same way.

What do you folks think? I know it's a relatively minor issue but ANNOYING! :x

Online Report

Does anybody else find this new feature annoying as hell? I have the paid version and I don't think I should have to be driven to the IOBit site.

Seems like a cheap attempt to cull data or drive up site traffic and almost "spyware" like in it's execution. If they want to impose this on unpaid versions fine but allow an "opt-out" setting for folks with paid versions.

It could be I am just a cranky old guy but I'm guessing there are a lot of other people who would feel the same way.

What do you folks think? I know it's a relatively minor issue but ANNOYING! :x

I agree with DrKevorkian the online report is annoying I just click on view later.

This was one of the questions I asked to Technical Support in which I am still waiting for a response. Seems to me it could lead to security issues very easily internally... and its a way for Iobit to push their ads down the throat of all users. At least in the paid version I don't have to see the side window attached with all the ads...

So, I found an older copy of AWC that actually worked very well and have started using it without updates. No ads, no security questions, life is good again.

But.. if Iobit doesn't start trying to take care of its customers at least once a week in these forums.. then I loose all respect for them and their software.

Hi everybody,

1)

I find "online detailed report" thing useless in Pro too, but it is very easy not to go to the page by just clicking "Later" button if you are not curious like me (See this thread). ;-)

Since, nearly we have come to the end of version 2, and considering that IObit is a semi-freeware vendor, I believe they are making the best out of an outgoing product. I hope it will not be the same in version 3 Pro.:idea:

2)

Why don't you just check the checkbox "Don't show this window on startup." at the bottom of the "News Center" window, if you don't want it to be shown on next time and the following runnings of AWC Pro?

Cheers.

Archived