IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Beta 1.1 still running?

Got the 1.9 update downloaded, but every time I try to install, it says it will remove previous versions, OK, when it proceeds it says Beta 1.1 is still running......there is nothing shown on the menu bar, it does show up in applications, (but that says it is dagerous to remove from ther), in ADD/Delete programs, it will not uninstall as it also says the program is running!!.........Question, how do I shut it down so can do the upgrade??? Frustrating , for sure!! Many thanks :(

Hi B42L8,

Is the Smart defrag icon in your task bar at lower right? (has kind of right angle arrow) If it is ,right click and exit should close program. If it won't close, try re-booting first. (If it is hung up it may not reboot, so if it won't, read on.)

If it is not in your task bar, go to my computer-local disc- program files- Iobit-Smart Defrag. In the Smart defrag folder, see if there is a right angled arrow icon called Smart Defrag.exe and double click. This should open the program window. Click options then settings then under general settings untick all the boxes with green checks. Hopefully anything hanging it up will let the program go ahead and close. If it works, you may need to go in and re-check those boxes when the new version installs, so remember which ones you had checked.

If this doesn't work or there is not an icon (mabye partially un-installed?) you could right click on the empty part of task bar and open the Task manager. Go to processes and see if it shows Iobit SmartDefrag.exe running. You could click on it then click end task. It will give you an end task warning. It is your call if you want to do it or not, but I have had Smart Defrag hang up a few times and ended the process from task manager with no problems.

It sounds like the program may be hanging up and not shutting down so the install can be completed. Hope this helps.

samr.

(P.S.- Current update is Beta 2.0, not 1.9 ??)

Archived