IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

More freakin toolbars, forced Yahoo

stevew59

I went to upgrade to the newest Advanced System Care and you no longer give me a choice to install your toolbar or Yahoo. Now I must install the toolbar even though I already have enough of those and I MUST make Yahoo my default home page. What's up with that?? Why do all you software people think we need your toolbar?? Why are you shoving Yahoo down our throats? Give us a choice to decide for ourselves-as soon as I saw there was no longer a box to opt out of Yahoo or your toolbar I refused to upgrade. Good software, bad policy.

Hi steve

During my installation I had the option to deselect the toolbars.

Perhaps if they are already installed you won't get asked??

At least the Yahoo toolbar can come from a lot of places and one has to watch like a hawk during installation to remember to deselect it in various applications.

Cheers

solbjerg

I went to upgrade to the newest Advanced System Care and you no longer give me a choice to install your toolbar or Yahoo. Now I must install the toolbar even though I already have enough of those and I MUST make Yahoo my default home page. What's up with that?? Why do all you software people think we need your toolbar?? Why are you shoving Yahoo down our throats? Give us a choice to decide for ourselves-as soon as I saw there was no longer a box to opt out of Yahoo or your toolbar I refused to upgrade. Good software, bad policy.

I think, in ASC 4 Beta 2.0 install, there is a change for the choice of options. Instead of thicking/unticking, you decline/reject the agreement following the info page which is for the installment of all those toolbars/search/homepage options.

Cheers.

Archived