IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

PC Security scanner lists missing language packs as security holes

Wild4fire

Well, the title says it all. On my Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 system, the PC security scanner from IObit Security 360 lists 34 security holes.

However, all those 34 'security holes' are language packs and as such, they are not security issues at all.

hi Wild4fire

That is right! But the programs lists what "security holes" it found - and it is just then to choose which ones to "repair", some users will probably be glad to see them listed.

That it will be listed the next time the application is run if one doesn't "repair" them is to my mind a small inconvenience. It is more of a bug I feel that a security hole will be listed even though it has been repaired, - I removed it at one time by going into the folder and deleted that particular information there - that the program should do by itself I think.

Cheers

solbjerg

Well, the title says it all. On my Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 system, the PC security scanner from IObit Security 360 lists 34 security holes.

However, all those 34 'security holes' are language packs and as such, they are not security issues at all.

Archived