IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit SmartDefrag v2.0.1 is released!

MagicHunter

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6753&stc=1&d=1296537711 Smart Defrag v2.0.1 is available. (April 11, 2011)

......http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6499&stc=1&d=1292462110

Setup File version: 2.0.1.978

Application File: SmartDefrag.exe (1609 KB)

Application File version: 2.0.1.978

What's new in v2.0.1 :

--------------------------

Changelog: (April 11, 2011)

+ Improved defrag engine

+ Improved interface

* Fixed general bugs

Cheers.

Tip: You can highly improve defragmenting speed by temporarily disabling the background real-time security program, or adding Smart Defrag into the trust zone or white list of your security program.

Hi Magic

Do you have an explanation as to why the install file to the newest version is about 2 Mb smaller than the final version?

Is it missing language files?

Cheers

solbjerg

;60068']http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6753&stc=1&d=1296537711 Smart Defrag v2.0.1 is available. (April 11' date=' 2011)[/size']

......http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6499&stc=1&d=1292462110

Setup File version: 2.0.1.978

Application File: SmartDefrag.exe (1609 KB)

Application File version: 2.0.1.978

What's new in v2.0.1 :

--------------------------

Changelog: (April 11, 2011)

+ Improved defrag engine

+ Improved interface

* Fixed general bugs

Cheers.

Tip: You can highly improve defragmenting speed by temporarily disabling the background real-time security program, or adding Smart Defrag into the trust zone or white list of your security program.

Hi solbjerg,

I believe it is the way IObit packed it.

One of the target point is the application size. It wants to remain small and light.

To not only remain small and light but to also avoid it from getting larger and larger and finally becomes an "bloatware".

Codes are being reviewed and cleaned up to make the application file smaller :)

FIY, The previous setup file from CNET is actually smaller. It was only 3357KB.

Cheers.

Hi Magic

Yes, thanks! The codes must really have been bloated if they can take out more than 30% in an update! :-)

I downloaded from the Major both times :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

;60155']Hi solbjerg,

I believe it is the way IObit packed it.

One of the target point is the application size. It wants to remain small and light.

To not only remain small and light but to also avoid it from getting larger and larger and finally becomes an "bloatware".

Codes are being reviewed and cleaned up to make the application file smaller :)

FIY, The previous setup file from CNET is actually smaller. It was only 3357KB.

Cheers.

White news in White skin & black news in Black skin!

The news message at the bottom of the window is no longer uniform with the theme.Before it was black if the theme was black.Now it's white even if the theme is black.Seems inconsistent to me.

Hi Tomorrow, I agree with you.

Here is a workaround:

Change the following files in black folder with the same files in white folder and vice versa for the white folder too:

1) News_Middle.png

2) News_Right.png

3) News_Left.png

ie. : The ones in White folder go to Black folder and the ones in Black folder go to White folder.

That's it.:grin:

If you are a perfectionist, then change the the following values in Layout.ini files too:

Black folder: Layout.ini

NewsContent=5000268 ====>NewsContent=13948116

White folder: Layout.ini

NewsContent=13948116 ====>NewsContent=5000268

There will still be a glitch. :!:

When you open SD in White skin, it is OK, but when you open SD in Black skin, the news section will be white and you have to change the skin to White and then Black again to show the news section in black. :mrgreen:

I did it and will keep it as I have explained.:razz:

I wish I could do the same thing for IObit Malware Fighter. :idea:

Cheers.

Archived