IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Where is v4 SETUP file?

mischele

When I logged on to my computer, a message popped up that Vers 4 of Adv. System Care was available.

After downloading it, an ASC Update window popped up with this message:

Advanced SystemCare v4 Final is ready now, and you need {sic} download the full SETUP file from our website and install it manually. Please also note that the valid PRO license will be automatically recognized and transferred for free.

I was confused so I opened my ASC Pro (v. 3.8) and clicked on updates. Vers4 PRO was shown so I clicked on the update button. Afterwards, the same window as above opened.

I came to the IObit website but can't find the SETUP file to install.

I'm not a computer kind of person so please be kind if the solution is obvious.

Thanks,

m

(If it matters, I have Vista).

New download

Hi mischele :smile:

First, to make sure it wasn't downloaded in the background, go to the usual place that downloads arrive on your computer, this might be your Desktop (screen) or a Downloads folder.

If there is no new Advanced System Care file there then follow the instructions below.

Click here to go to the thread Advanced SystemCare 4 (ASC4) Final (out of beta) available!

• Click on the Download button in the first post which will take you to MajorGeeks website

• Click on one of the two links that say Download@MajorGeeks

• Wait for the download to complete

• Completely close the Advanced System Care 3 you already have on your computer and make sure nothing is running like SmartRam or SmartDefrag etc. If any of these have icons in the SystemTray (bottom right of your screen) right click on the icon and select Exit.

• Double click the Advanced System Care 4 you downloaded from MajorGeeks and follow the Wizard.

• Copy the licence code you were sent (via email) for ASC 3 and paste it into the box to continue using the Pro version of ASC 4

All the best, woz of oz

Thank you!

Woz, thank you for the help!

For the life of me, though, I couldn't find a Download button on the page your post sent me to. (Could it be because I have Firefox?)

But, I went to the MajorGeeks site - WOW! - and downloaded Pro4 there.

Everything went smoothly and I now have Pro4. (It looks SO much better than vers. 3).

Thank you again, woz!

-m

Hi mischele,

Since wozofoz is not signed in, I can give you the answer.

Most probably the images are disabled in your FF browser.

If you try IE, you may see the clickable button there, or at least a clickable image place holder with an X sign.

Cheers.

Good news

Thanks enoskype :smile:

Woz, thank you for the help!

For the life of me, though, I couldn't find a Download button on the page your post sent me to. (Could it be because I have Firefox?)

But, I went to the MajorGeeks site - WOW! - and downloaded Pro4 there.

Everything went smoothly and I now have Pro4. (It looks SO much better than vers. 3).

Thank you again, woz!

-m

Hi Mischele :smile:

It's my pleasure and well done. I am glad you are happy with the new look, I like it too.

Did you have a look at the other skins?

• Click on Skin (top of screen)

• To the right of Current skin you will see a dropdown list which will have Default written at first

• Click on the dropdown list arrow and select a skin, you will see a preview below

• If/when you see one you like, click on Apply then Ok to exit that screen

Note: The link to the right of the dropdown list that says More fantastic skins.... will bring you back to this forum to the section ASC4 Skins where you can see other skins made by members.

However, to use these skins you would need to manually add them to the IObit folder on your computer and although it's quite easy to do I am not sure if you would interested in doing that.

All the best, woz of oz

Archived