IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

New Download

mntleo2

I am having some problems with the new Professional download. As instructed, I uninstalled the old version because it said that it would recognize that I had a Professional version. However now I am missing a lot of the programs that I use! All that comes up on the icon is Quickcare and I cannot find the other programs on that menu. I have tried going to the original file on the C drive and it also just launched Quickcare. When I uninstalled the old version, did I lose Smart Defrag, Internet Booster and all the other programs, if not where are they and why doesn't a "main screen" come up anymore? I would also like to set it to put restores on another drive, all those options are gone.

Thanks for your help.

Cat in Seattle

Toolbox?

Welcome to the forum mntleo2 :smile:

Click on More at the top of the screen and from the dropdown list select User Manual

This will give you a quick guide to the various features.

...All that comes up on the icon is Quickcare....

Are you not seeing icons for Deep Care & Turbo Boost & Toolbox ?

....When I uninstalled the old version, did I lose Smart Defrag, Internet Booster and all the other programs, if not where are they......

Smart Defrag & Internet Booster plus many other 'tools' are in the Toolbox

All the best, woz of oz

Wow that was a quick reply!

None of the menu items you mention is on the QuickScan. While they do have the settings option, still this does not bring up anything like the old IOBit except QuickScan. Nothing else launches anywhere. is there a way to reset this so it all comes up again?

Thanks so much!

Cat

2 Icons

Ahhhh yes, I see now :smile:

When you installed Advanced System Care 4 it should have created 2 icons on your Desktop. Quick Care icon and Advanced System Care icon.

The Quick Care icon is for convenience and takes you directly to the Quick Care scan, as you have found.

If you double click the Advanced System Care icon it will launch the complete Advanced System Care 4 interface.

If you can't find the Advanced System Care icon then, since you have XP, go to:

• Start Menu

• All Programs

• Hover the cursor over the Advanced System Care 4 folder

• Right Click on AdvancedSystemCare4 which is inside that folder

• Hover the cursor over Send to

• Click on Desktop (create shortcut)

Double click the icon that was created on your Desktop to see Advanced System Care 4

All the best, woz of oz

Man! You are right on it!

I am so sorry to be such a pest, lol but it still is not working.

Well I did that and it did create another icon on the desktop, actually now there are 2 icons. However, that QuickScan is still all that comes up.

I am wondering something. I have a Professional copy, but one of the menu choices for Advanced Care in the Start menu is the offer for the "Professional" version. Could it be that this download did not detect my paid-for version and installed the free one instead? I have had the free version however, and even that always offered all the features.

The other thing on the Start menu menu Advanced Care icon is several other features as part of the list as if you click on them and that feature only comes up. These are features such as: Deep care, QuickCare, Toolbox, uninstall, etc.

I thought of uninstalling and reinstalling the whole thing again, but I am afraid it won't know I am a paid customer. I do love a lot of the features that I get as a paid version I do not get as the free one. Is there a way to verify that I am the owner and do I dare try to uninstall and reinstall again?

On edit: I did see the link on your answer about getting the liscens information. I may just uninstall and reinstall the whole thing.

Pee Ess, I am still not seeing anything about Smart Defrag ~ which I also love.

Thanks again!

Cat

Screen Shots

.....Well I did that and it did create another icon on the desktop, actually now there are 2 icons. However, that QuickScan is still all that comes up......

....The other thing on the Start menu menu Advanced Care icon is several other features as part of the list as if you click on them and that feature only comes up. These are features such as: Deep care, QuickCare, Toolbox, uninstall, etc.....

When you followed the Start Menu > All Programs > Advanced System Care procedure did it look like the screenshot # 1 below?

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7545&stc=1&d=1304186034

As you can see I have AdvancedSystemCare4 at the top of the list and if I click on it then the full Advanced System Care interface will be launched (see screenshot # 2 below)

If I create a Desktop shortcut then double clicking on that will also launch the full Advanced System Care interface.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7547&stc=1&d=1304186224

...I am wondering something. I have a Professional copy, but one of the menu choices for Advanced Care in the Start menu is the offer for the "Professional" version. Could it be that this download did not detect my paid-for version and installed the free one instead? I have had the free version however, and even that always offered all the features.....

I have the Pro version but I still have the Buy Pro Edition document in that folder. This is normal.

...I thought of uninstalling and reinstalling the whole thing again, but I am afraid it won't know I am a paid customer. I do love a lot of the features that I get as a paid version I do not get as the free one. Is there a way to verify that I am the owner and do I dare try to uninstall and reinstall again?....

Did you keep the email that was sent to you with the license number?

You can copy that number and paste it into the box when you do a new install.

If you can't get the full Advanced System Care interface to launch then a Clean Install would be the best thing to do.

See This Post for details.

Screenshots are in This Post

All the best, woz of oz

Archived