IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

How do you clear Security Defense Items in AWC V2 Personal

tesza4820

After a visit to several dubious sites on the net my PC, on which I'm running XP pro, started to slow down. As usual I ran AWC and found the Green No Problems displayed under which was show details, When I clicked on show Details I found 27882 Items Spyware, Adaware & Malware (Immunized), 1545 Website Defense Security Threats (Immunized), 2942 Tracking Cookies (Blocked). I then ran spybot which found ! Item of Drop Spam and one Active Agent which it could not give any information on. Both removed. I then ran Ad ware 2007 Which found nothing extra.

Can anyone tell me how to clear these Items as they are slowing down this part of my scans.

Do I have to remove this version and install a new version of AWC 2 Personal ?

tesza4820,

Which AWC version are you using?

The latest AWC Personal is AWC 2.7.1.840 Personal downloadable from here , and AWC Professional is AWC 2.7.1.955 Professional downloadable from here .

27882 Items Spyware, Adaware & Malware (Immunized), 1566 Website Defense Security Threats (Immunized), 2942 Tracking Cookies (Blocked).

Do I understand correctly that you want to clear all those immunization and protection? Which I do not advise at all!!!

All spyware programs have a different database of spyware, malware to be protected.

My advice would be to use all three of them (AWC, Spybot - Search & Destroy, Ad-Aware 2008 ).

Please do not forget to update the definition file in AWC. (Ref.dbd) (latest today is, with signature # 50461 dated 2008-4-19)

tesza4820,

Which AWC version are you using?

The latest AWC Personal is AWC 2.7.1.840 Personal downloadable from here , and AWC Professional is AWC 2.7.1.955 Professional downloadable from here .

27882 Items Spyware, Adaware & Malware (Immunized), 1566 Website Defense Security Threats (Immunized), 2942 Tracking Cookies (Blocked).

Do I understand correctly that you want to clear all those immunization and protection? Which I do not advise at all!!!

All spyware programs have a different database of spyware, malware to be protected.

My advice would be to use all three of them (AWC, Spybot - Search & Destroy, Ad-Aware 2008 ).

Please do not forget to update the definition file in AWC. (Ref.dbd) (latest today is, with signature # 50461 dated 2008-4-19)

Hi enoskype,I'm using Iobit Advanced Windowscare 2.7.1.840. I am still quite a novice so I don't Know how to capture an image of what Im tring to explain and attach to this forum. Maybe I just never looked at the "show detail" when there where "No Problems" But it just doesn't seem right to me to have all those Items sitting there boxes ticked. I'm sorry but I'm the one who doesn't understand that's the problem.

Tesza4820

Hi tezsa4820,

When the boxes are all checked green under "see details" that means that security defense is protecting you from those items. You can leave them protected and skip the "Security Defense" part of the scan by un-checking the box by Security Defense on the main scan page BEFORE you run the scan. However, you might want to scan it every once in a while, especially after updates.

samr.

Hi tezsa4820,

When the boxes are all checked green under "see details" that means that security defense is protecting you from those items. You can leave them protected and skip the "Security Defense" part of the scan by un-checking the box by Security Defense on the main scan page BEFORE you run the scan. However, you might want to scan it every once in a while, especially after updates.

samr.

Thanks samr, AWC is a good product easy to use and effective, have downloaded latest updates from 19/04 as per enoskype advice.

---- Tesza4820.

Hi tesza4820,

Following samr's advice, please do not forget to check the unchecked checkboxes of "Website Defense" which in your case seems to be 21 unchecked checkboxes. (1566 vs. 1545)

You can do that by just selecting "Website Defense" after clicking Show details... of "Security Defence", and in "Spyware Defense Analysis" window, clicking "Select All" button, then clicking "Apply Settings" button and then clicking "OK" button.

I hope this helps. Cheers.

Archived