IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Warning: Virus Trojan.Win32.DNSChanger

y eye

10jan07

http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/dnschang.shtml

The above described virus infected my hard drive on execution of an Adobe Macromedia Flash url, after updating to Adobe 8.0. The first action was a notice screen for me to accept a turn on of active X controls. Next was a install Macromedia menu. After install the first execution of Macromedia Flash prompted my anti virus f-secure to halt the action and delete the virus.

I am writing this post because after sending my email address to Iobit.com for sign up for news letter and requesting an update to AWC the same sequence of menus became my option to proceed... I was requesting an update to AWC... I turned AWC off in the start menu and ran a virus scan. No virus.... I am waiting to hear if anyone has had a similar experience before turning AWC back on at startup...

Hi y eye,

I haven't heard of this, but sometimes when downloading a program you will get an active x warning in the browser that you have to click on and allow for the download to start, but I haven't heard of any virus problems updating AWC.

samr.

viruses in IObit setup files

Hey guys,

FYI, I am testing the new System Mechanic 7 on my laptop. It comes with a new anti-virus and firewall that SysMech has licensed from ??? (not Kapersky like before.)

This anti-virus keeps finding a "W32.Backdoor.ZOJ" infection in ALL of the Iobit installer programs!

I use Kaspersky KIS 6.0 on my desktop. It doesn't find anything, so righ now I'm treating this as a false positive, but I am going to do some further checking. Maybe IObit got infected with something??

Re: viruses in IObit setup files

Hey guys,

FYI, I am testing the new System Mechanic 7 on my laptop. It comes with a new anti-virus and firewall that SysMech has licensed from ??? (not Kapersky like before.)

This anti-virus keeps finding a "W32.Backdoor.ZOJ" infection in ALL of the Iobit installer programs!

I use Kaspersky KIS 6.0 on my desktop. It doesn't find anything, so righ now I'm treating this as a false positive, but I am going to do some further checking. Maybe IObit got infected with something??

I don't think that, it's a false message.

---------------------

http://openopensource.proboards81.com/

update on "virus"

It WAS a false alarm - but a "true" false alarm. Evidently the folks that SysMech is now using for their AV program left 2 test codes in the last virus signature update - ones that simulate a "W32.Backdoor.ZOJ" trojan and one that simulates a "W32.Backdoor.KPN" trojan.

Dumbasses! :roll:

Adobe 8.0 problems

18jan07

I am having a battle with Adobe 8.0. AWC will not run without hangs if Adobe is installed. My hard drive is constantly on and 2gb ram is 98 percent used. Uninstall AWC and no change...same problems. Uninstall Adobe and my computer returns to normal...1percent ram usage. Reinstall AWC and it runs smooth and fast. My only complaint is I lost "Boost" the most interesting software I've used. How do I get it back? A right click on the program to run would show the boost option, but now a right click and the Boost option is not available?

missing boost

Hey y eye,

I had the same thing happen with my Boost as well. It just "disappeared" at some point; but only on my laptop that's running the latest version of AWC. My desktop that's using .726 still has it.

I asked in another post if Boost had been removed. No one has answered me yet. Soooooo.....

Sorry I can't help you with the Adobe issue. I stopped at 7. (I'm not doing many updates these days on programs that are "critical" to my work. There are just too many bugs being released any more.)

boost w/AWC

Hi Kailas108 & y eye,

You didn't say if you were running pro or personal, but I am running the current version of AWC Pro and I do still have the boost function.

p.s.- I have found that if you right click on some program icons it isn't there. Seems to be there on most, but must not work on some.

samr.

Archived