IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

False Positive? NPSSecCDMABinaryUpgrade.exe

Got an alert on some software related to the Samsung software required to sync my son's Samsung Gravity phone. Not sure if this a bona fide false positive. Per the forum instruction, here's the log report:

IObit Security 360

Version:1.6.1.2

Define Version:2510

Time Elapsed:00:29:18

Objects Scanned:87901

Threats Found:1

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Trojan.Agent, File, C:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung\Samsung New PC Studio\NPSSecCDMABinaryUpgrade.exe, 11-40434

---

Not sure what to expect next....guess I'll wait and see. Thanks in advance.

Double check

Got an alert on some software related to the Samsung software required to sync my son's Samsung Gravity phone. Not sure if this a bona fide false positive. Per the forum instruction, here's the log report:

IObit Security 360

Version:1.6.1.2

Define Version:2510

Time Elapsed:00:29:18

Objects Scanned:87901

Threats Found:1

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Trojan.Agent, File, C:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung\Samsung New PC Studio\NPSSecCDMABinaryUpgrade.exe, 11-40434

---

Not sure what to expect next....guess I'll wait and see. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum orpheusboy :smile:

Details for the following suggestions can be found in the thread Guidelines and Requirements for Reporting a False Positive

Upload the file to VirusTotal and supply the VirusTotal link for the report (Post # 1 of that thread)

If you get a 0 (all clean) report then it is almost certainly a false positive and you can Ignore it in IObit Security 360 until IObit add it to the whitelist of IObit Security 360.

To get the file checked by IObit (recommended), upload the password protected ZIP file to www.wikisend.com and supply the Wikisend link for the file (Post # 5 of that thread)

All the best, woz of oz

• 1 month later...

Archived