IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

2.1 reboot/shutdown problems

I never had a shutdown failer till I changed to 2.1 now I must exit 2.1.

I uninstalled and reinstalled from add and remove programs list. No help!

I even tryed removing left over folder for smartdefrag after unistall.

No help!

Failes to shutdown and to reboot. I have XP pro and it has all updates to sp2.

Under event viewer system file.

Date:1/10/2007 Source:USER32

Time: when ever I try. Category:none

Type:warning Event ID: 1073

User: Nt Authority\System

Computer: (name)

Description:

Attempt to reboot (name) failed.

Attempt to poweroff (name) failed.

Data: all 0000: 00 00 00 00

I have two systems both are XP pro SP2. both I have to exit the smartdefrag before they will reboot or shutdown.

NOTE: I never had this problem till I installed 2.1.

1.1 never did this on my systems ever. reboot or shutdown failer.

I have tryed all of the suggestions I have readed here none of them have worked to fix my problem. Like running program then trying to reboot or shutdown. No help!

I like the program it's working fine till I installed 2.1. Just to be clear I uninstalled 1.1 First then installed 2.1.

Allso 1.1 and 2.1 never shows red fragmented files on display when you tell it to defrag. only blue yellow white show on bar.

I am not sure what your fix was but it has made the problem not fixed it in my case. version I have is 2.1 Date release 1/8/07.

Very confused that some it has fixed there problem but started it in my case.

I am getting no bugreport to post.

EDIT: I have allso tryed hive clean up service from microsoft no change on shutdown or reboot. (was hoping this would solve the problem) No help!

I just installed smart defrag 2.01 after uninstalling 2.0. Running a fully patched win XP pro system, I can report I no longer have to shut down

smart defrag before shutting down the computer like I had to when running ver 2.0.

Its too soon to tell if I will encounter difficulties after having the computer on for a long time, but will post back if I do.

It is very nice to see this program just keep on improving at a very fast rate! But its possible---given the above posts---that not all bugs are swatted yet.---but such is the nature of a beta program.

Beta 2.01 : Shutdown problem not solved here on a winxp home SP2 system. No shutdown even on a fresh restarted PC.

After running a defrag it shuts down normally.

Degrading back tot beta 1.1 (to much trouble for the other users on this system)

SmartDefrag preventing shutdown

The latest beta was allowing my computer to restart or shutdown until the latest Microsoft security updates were installed and then it would no longer shut down or restart w/o shutting down SmartDefrag. Does anyone know why installing security updates would cause this to happen?

As I posted earlier---after first installing ver 2.0.1 xp shut down correctly on my xp pro system---but like all the above posters--after being on the internet for some time--I again have to shut down iobit defrag before I can shut down my system---the extra step of shutting down iobit is no big deal--it only takes a few seconds.

But still annoying in principle.

I am beginning to wonder if the auto defrag is hanging up after the computer is on for a while. I have noticed that the defrag icon arrows are moving when I log on, but after a while they stop. That in itself could be normal, but if I shut down the program and then start it up again the icon starts moving again right away. Also, I have no shutdown problems with auto defrag off.

it seems that when IE7 and SmartDefrag are running, it doesn't shut down.

I believe it's not specifically related to IE7.

I'm running IE6 here.

I am beginning to wonder if the auto defrag is hanging up after the computer is on for a while.

I had it with a fresh rebooted system. Just logged in as a user and tried to shutdown immediately. No joy!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived