IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

12 Trojans in Memory, all imf.exe

Hi there just did a full scan with Avast Anti-virus including memory and it came up with this. Are they false positives? Also I am unable to make any actions to repair, move to chest or delete. They all have the same details except the threat and memory location.

Filename: Process 3640 [imf.exe], memory block 0x0000000002780000, block size 1310720

Severity: High

Threat: HTML:Agent-B [Trj]

*Shortened*

Memory Block: 6BF0000

Threat: Win32-Patched-SV [Trj]

Memory Block: 6D50000

Memory Block: 8AB0000

Memory Block: B710000

Memory Block: C940000

Memory Block: D2B0000

Threat: Win32:Patched-LH [Trj]

Memory Block: D710000

Threat: Win32:Crypt-FND [Trj]

Memory Block: DD50000

Memory Block: DE90000

Threat: Win32:Sadenav-D [Trj]

Memory Block: DFD0000

Memory Block: F190000

Threat: Win32:Patched-SV [Trj]

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not a problem.

I use Avast AIS and IMF. I have seen these messages too.

The reason that they come up is when IMF is running it has unencrypted virus definitions loaded into memory. Avast detects them as viruses. They are not. I do not believe that there is a way to exclude them from showing up in an Avast scan that includes scanning the Memory. So the only way to exclude them from scans is to exclude Memory from a scan. I have done this with my regular/custom scans and created a Memory only scan that runs in about 2 minutes. I run in once in a while but so far have not noticed any real viruses in memory, thank goodness.:-)

Archived