IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

"Risk Level"

Phrixos

I am constantly being surprised at finding new things that Advanced System Care (Pro. V4) can do. Today and after running a routine Registry Fix (71 problems) I wandered into the Toolbox where I discovered another Registry Cleaner. At first I thought this was the same tool, but apparently not.

Down at the bottom of a long list of fixes I saw "Deep Scan" and when I ran that it disclosed 645 MORE items requiring a fix.

But with that came a brand new problem.

On the list of problems is a column entitled "Risk Level" in which all but one of the problems is marked with a red icon and the darkly foreboding words, "High-Risk." How ambiguous!

My problem is I don't know if this means that the ISSUE is high risk or that the FIX is a high risk! (We are talking Registry here.)

Does it mean that if I "fix" all these "high-risk" problems I run the "High-Risk" of blodging my otherwise nicely humming machine?

I've looked for "Help" for a clarification on this, but can't find any.

High to you

Welcome to the forum Phrixos :smile:

My problem is I don't know if this means that the ISSUE is high risk or that the FIX is a high risk! (We are talking Registry here.)

Does it mean that if I "fix" all these "high-risk" problems I run the "High-Risk" of blodging my otherwise nicely humming machine?

'Fixing' the item is a "high risk" and should only be done if you understand what the Registry item is related to and you are absolutely sure it is not necessary.

This is why the boxes to the left of high risk items are not ticked by default.

Since you have a "nicely humming machine" I would suggest you don't fix those high risk items.

If it ain't broke.......

All the best, woz of oz

Thanks Woz. I suspected as much, but where the Registry is involved one must be certain. No place for ambiguity.

(Uh,... a word, perhaps, to IObit, if they are watching—that wherever such terms in particular as "High-Risk" appear in a program, there should be at least some mention of it in "Help.")

Archived