IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Hang on fixing privacy sweep [FIXED]

Welcome

Welcome to the forum samlcampbell :smile:

Has it been a long time since you ran a scan? 1300 problems is a lot and would take a while to Repair

Is it only Privacy Sweep that has problems?

To troubleshoot this:

• Run the scan but do not Repair Now

• Click on the Show Details text under the 'Problems' and see which item in the Privacy sweep is recording the greatest number of problems. (EG: FireFox)

• Click on the left Arrow (top left) to go back to the Main screen. (Do not Repair Now)

• Click on More (top right) > Settings > Privacy Sweep

• Note the sub-items then un-tick the box of the item in the Privacy sweep that is recording the greatest number of problems. (EG: FireFox)

Apply > OK

• Exit Advanced SystemCare (to clear the scan results)

• Launch Advanced SystemCare

• Run the scan, there should be less problems in Privacy Sweep

• Click Repair Now

If the Repair finishes as it should then you know the problem is in the item in the Privacy sweep that is recording the greatest number of problems (EG: FireFox) that you un-ticked

Go back to settings and tick one of the boxes of the sub-items you un-ticked before and run the scan again.

Keep ticking the boxes until the scan stalls as you described.

If the Repair doesn't finish then you know the problem is with another item.

Note then un-tick items as above until the Repair finishes.

Post back here and tell us which item made the Repair stall

All the best, woz of oz

Not so easy. Quittting ASC does not work as when you reload it it wont even scan. Had to go to task manager to stop proces and then reload. After a long elimination process I fpound two items in IE History that were causing the problem . No idea what they are , both index.dat files. Should I delete them. I dont use IE unless stuck.

Index.dat

If you un-tick Internet Explorer Index data file in Privacy Sweep does the Scan show less than 1300 problems?

Does the Repair complete then?

I don't know the IE index.dat files, I will try to find more information on them or hopefully someone who knows about them will drop in.

I wouldn't try to delete them manually until you know it's ok.

What version of IE do you have?

All the best, woz of oz

Archived