IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IO bit V4

Im not happy with IObit, ASC v4. First, it is less automated than the old version, where we simply clicked "Care" and the process was analyzed and completed. Now, with "Deep Care" we have to wait, then push repair..two steps instead of One.

Next, IObit does not respond to "CTL +" which makes most things larger so I can read them. Irritating, since my computer is my TV and I need to be able to read what it says.

Also, your numbers are rather suspicious. In "Disk Defragment", sometimes I have 24 files that need defragmented, and it takes a half hour and goes through hundreds of files. I have watched. If I cant trust those numbers, what numbers can I trust?

Finally, ASC v 4 uses too many resources. We should be able to "shut this off" when not in use, so ASC does not "compete" with programs I am running for resources, slowing them down.

To be fair, part of these things may be user error, as I dont want to get a "PHD" in advanced systems care..I just want it to work, intuitively. If I wanted to study ASC manual, then why dont I just use disk cleanup and disk defragmenter, and maybe download a free registry scrubber? I am not looking for "harder, more complicated", instead, I am looking for "easier, less complicated" computer maintenance.

Welcome

Welcome to the forum chessmaster315 :smile:

Im not happy with IObit, ASC v4. First, it is less automated than the old version, where we simply clicked "Care" and the process was analyzed and completed. Now, with "Deep Care" we have to wait, then push repair..two steps instead of One.....

On the right of the Scan Now button there is an arrowhead, click on this and a list will drop down, select Scan & Repair

...Next, IObit does not respond to "CTL +" which makes most things larger so I can read them. Irritating, since my computer is my TV and I need to be able to read what it says.....

Yes, I would at least like the window size to be adjustable :wink:

.....Also, your numbers are rather suspicious. In "Disk Defragment", sometimes I have 24 files that need defragmented, and it takes a half hour and goes through hundreds of files. I have watched. If I cant trust those numbers, what numbers can I trust?....

I am not the best one to answer that question so I will let one of the other members try to answer it for you

....Finally, ASC v 4 uses too many resources. We should be able to "shut this off" when not in use, so ASC does not "compete" with programs I am running for resources, slowing them down....

To change when Advanced SystemCare 4 'Cares' for your computer go to:

• More (top right of screen)

• Settings

• Automatic Care

• Select the option that suits you best

To use Advanced SystemCare 4 'on demand' only go to:

• Settings

• General Setting

• Un-tick Execute at Windows Startup

All the best, woz of oz

Archived