IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Taking Longer Than Usual To Scan?

Huanwei

Deep Care is taking longer than usual to scan.

It keeps getting stuck at "Junk Files Clean" while it is scanning "Windows Temp Files".

It is very frustrating.

It was working fine yesterday.

What the hell is wrong?

Please give some solutions fast.

Welcome

Welcome to the forum Huanwei :smile:

Could be, new software installed? something using the files in the Temp folder while it's being scanned?

I would try doing a manual delete of the files in the Temp folder to see if that helps.

Type %Temp% in the Run box (Start Menu search box on Vista) then click OK.

The contents of the Temp folder will appear and you can select which items to delete.

In theory you should be able to delete all of them, after all they are temporary, but some might be in use by software at the moment. If this is the case you will get an Error message, click OK. Close any software that is running and try again.

All the best, woz of oz

Mine gets stuck on "Shortcut Fix."

It's like it goes through every file on my computer to check for invalid shortcuts.

Quick Care scan used to take a few minutes, now all of a sudden the last few days it takes like 30 - 45 minutes.......DEFINITELY something wrong with ASC as I have made no changes to my computer........very frustrating! :evil:

Ever since they changed from v3 to v4, all these problems started..........guess IObit never heard the expression......"IF IT'S NOT BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!"

Try the Toolbox

Mine gets stuck on "Shortcut Fix."

It's like it goes through every file on my computer to check for invalid shortcuts.

Quick Care scan used to take a few minutes, now all of a sudden the last few days it takes like 30 - 45 minutes.......

No problems here, very fast as usual

Try this:

• Launch Advanced SystemCare 4

• Click on Toolbox

• Click on Repair

• Click on Shortcut Fixer

• If necessary, select Scan Drive then Tick C:

• Click on Scan

• When the scan is completed Tick the items you want to delete (I usualy tick them all)

Note: If you have created shortcuts to external harddrives, flashdrives etc that are not connected now, these shortcuts might be listed.

• Click on Process

• Click on Delete Selected Items

After that run the Advanced SystemCare 4 Quick Care scan again and see if it is still slow during the Shortcut Fix

All the best, woz of oz

Ever since they changed from v3 to v4, all these problems started..........guess IObit never heard the expression......"IF IT'S NOT BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!"

Agreed. I purchased v3 because it was listed as the better of the best. With the release of v4, it's been nothing but problems and a waste of my money, so we've been looking for better alternatives.

It's really sad, but that's why IObit gets for focusing on a pretty interface instead of reliability of their #1 product (which is now rated #7).

Archived