IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advanced System Care help to uninstall

AKM1967

I decided to try this product out several months ago and had no problems whatsoever until there was an update. Once I updated it I began to have problems with my computer. I would like to uninstall this program but when I tried before, it only uninstalled Advanced System Care and none of the components. It said I would have to uninstall them manually. I have no idea how to do that. All I see is where I can delete them but not uninstall them. The 2 components that I'm trying to get rid of when I uninstall the main program are Smart Defrag & Pmain monitor.

Welcome

Welcome to the forum :smile:

SmartDefrag is a separate software, it should appear in Add or Remove Programs. You can uninstall it from there.

I would guess that PMonitor was running when you uninstalled ASC and that is why it was not uninstalled also. It should be located in Program Files > IObit > Advanced SystemCare where you can delete it.

I suggest you follow the uninstall procedure described in This Post

Screenshots are in This Post

Also, a Clean Uninstall & Install (as described in those posts) can often help when you have problems.

If you would like to tell us what problems you had we might be able to help :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Thank you for your response. I don't have the Pmonitor under iobit files. But I did notice that I had the Advanced System Care 3 in there along with Advanced System Care 4. So I guess when it was updated the previous version did not delete it. I never thought about manually deleting it myself. I also have no idea how to get the Pmonitor to stop running. But I am going to try and do the clean install and I will let you know how it goes. As I said previously, I had no problems until I updated. So having 2 versions that might have been the reason. I don't know a lot about computers either so thank you so much for all your help!!

Task Manager

You can check to see if PMonitor is running in the background or not in the Task Manager.

Note: Task Manager is an excellent tool but it is not a place for 'experimenting'

Microsoft - What is Task Manager?

For Vista:

• Right click on an empty space in the TaskBar (bottom bar) and click Task Manager (You can also press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys all at the same time)

• Click on the Processes tab

• Look for PMonitor.exe

If you see it then click on it (it will then be hi-lighted) then click on End Process

My guess is you won't see it there, especially if you have already done a Clean Uninstall as described in those posts I linked to.

Look forward to your feedback and hopefully good results.

All the best, woz of oz

Archived