IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Removal of old Advanced SystemCare folders

treeman

On my computer I have folders for Advanced SystemCare3, Advanced SystemCare 4old, and the latest, I think, Advanced SystemCare 4. can I delete or remove Advanced SystemCare3 and Advanced SystemCare 4old? They use more than 100 MB. Also can I remove the Languages that I don't use? And if I can remove them, what is the best way to do it?

Guest Guest

Hello treeman welcome to the IObit forums!

I would recommend going to "Add/Remove Programs" if you want to remove a version ASC you no longer want on your PC.

However if you have done this and files are still there then I would've thought you could safely delete the ASC3 files provided you no longer use that version on Advanced SystemCare.

Hi treeman

I suppose you have uninstalled ASC and it must be leftovers you ask about?

Then yes, perhaps utilizing the Toolbox in ASC4 and the Uninstaller there and the function Forced uninstall. This will remove various other leftover fx. in the registry.

Personally I use Revo Uninstaller, and would in this case utilize the Hunter Mode to uninstall all redundant leftovers from previous ASC installs. Or right click on the different folders and choose Uninstall with Revo.

Another thing is that I do not see the need for 20 restore point in the restore center - I make do with 5

In the Windows system restore function I only let it use 3% of my disk space, by default it is 12%.

You can remove the language files you do not use but remember to keep the English one and your native language, the same goes for the language folder in the toolbox ( this will save about 2+6 Mb of space). Then there are the user interface UI where you could make do with one background (this would also save about 8 Mb.

BUT after every program Update the language files and the UI files will have to be deleted again, because these files are being installed anew from the update..

Cheers

solbjerg

On my computer I have folders for Advanced SystemCare3, Advanced SystemCare 4old, and the latest, I think, Advanced SystemCare 4. can I delete or remove Advanced SystemCare3 and Advanced SystemCare 4old? They use more than 100 MB. Also can I remove the Languages that I don't use? And if I can remove them, what is the best way to do it?

You can safely delete program files and appdata entries. Most software I find leaves this data, which is poor practice. It should be deleted from a temp located process and the temp located process be deleted via registry based delete-on-next-boot.

Also, ASC should opt turning on system restore and other service in the installer, not silently enable them..System restore alone causes major performance drops and instabilities.

Archived