IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Massive broadband downloads after running ASC

BazP

This is my first post and apologise if this matter has been raised before but reading some of the thread titles doesn't really give much of an indication of their contents and I don't know what would be the most appropriate "Search" words. Anyway, here's my problem which may not be anything at all to do with Advanced System Care but I'm sure that there will be somebody here who can help.

As you may see from my profile I have ASC v4.0.1.200 which I run irregularly. Yesterday I decided to run it and during the rest of the day my broadband recorded upload/download was about 3 Gb. My normal daily usage amounts to around 300 Mb or so.

The first lump of about 800 Mb was in the morning when I was just pootling about on emails and that kind of stuff after running "Deep Care"; the rest was in the afternoon when I went to my computer after being out in the garden and noticed (I run NetMeter to show instantaneous usage) another massive amount of data was being downloaded. I unplugged the power to my router and waited a few minutes and when I plugged back in the download continued once the router had resynched.

I'm the only person in the house who uses the computer, I've never downloaded films or music, I don't have my router set up for wireless (so nobody else could have been using it), etc.

The simple question is, "Could ASC be responsible for this massive (to me) download?"

Perhaps I should point out that the Broadband package I am on with my ISP is limited to 10 Gb per month so almost a third of my month's "allowance" disappeared in one day.

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

Hi BazP

Do you have any automatic functions running in ASC?

Did you run Deep Care with the Vulnerability option checked?

A possibility could be that the vulnerability check found some security updates that wasn't installed and therefore downloaded these.

Please take a thorough look at your settings in the program and choose those that goes best in your opinion with a manual "care" of your computer!

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. a 10Gb limit per month is too low today in my opinion, a single visit to just one homesite can easily use up several Mb and that amount is growing all the time - the programmers do not think in amount of bytes used when setting up their sites.

Is it really much more expensive to to get a limitless amount from your Internet Service Provider?

I think I use about 50 - 150 Gb per month, - and I surf very little I think :-)

This is my first post and apologise if this matter has been raised before but reading some of the thread titles doesn't really give much of an indication of their contents and I don't know what would be the most appropriate "Search" words. Anyway, here's my problem which may not be anything at all to do with Advanced System Care but I'm sure that there will be somebody here who can help.

As you may see from my profile I have ASC v4.0.1.200 which I run irregularly. Yesterday I decided to run it and during the rest of the day my broadband recorded upload/download was about 3 Gb. My normal daily usage amounts to around 300 Mb or so.

The first lump of about 800 Mb was in the morning when I was just pootling about on emails and that kind of stuff after running "Deep Care"; the rest was in the afternoon when I went to my computer after being out in the garden and noticed (I run NetMeter to show instantaneous usage) another massive amount of data was being downloaded. I unplugged the power to my router and waited a few minutes and when I plugged back in the download continued once the router had resynched.

I'm the only person in the house who uses the computer, I've never downloaded films or music, I don't have my router set up for wireless (so nobody else could have been using it), etc.

The simple question is, "Could ASC be responsible for this massive (to me) download?"

Perhaps I should point out that the Broadband package I am on with my ISP is limited to 10 Gb per month so almost a third of my month's "allowance" disappeared in one day.

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

Hi BazP

Do you have any automatic functions running in ASC?

Did you run Deep Care with the Vulnerability option checked?

A possibility could be that the vulnerability check found some security updates that wasn't installed and therefore downloaded these.

Please take a thorough look at your settings in the program and choose those that goes best in your opinion with a manual "care" of your computer!

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. a 10Gb limit per month is too low today in my opinion, a single visit to just one homesite can easily use up several Mb and that amount is growing all the time - the programmers do not think in amount of bytes used when setting up their sites.

Is it really much more expensive to to get a limitless amount from your Internet Service Provider?

I think I use about 50 - 150 Gb per month, - and I surf very little I think :-)

Thanks very much for your prompt reply, solbjerg.

Yes, I had all automatic functions running in ASC except Disk Defrag. I also ran Deep Care with the Vulnerability option checked so may very well have received a massive update to Windows. The truth is that I never generally update Windows as the concentration seems to be on fixing "attacks" on Internet Explorer which I never use. Presumably by having this checked I may have downloaded a mass of stuff from Microsoft which I never usually bother with and probably don't need.

I'll make sure that it's not checked next time and see what difference is made.

Thanks again for your help.

As far as my 10Gb limit is concerned it's usually plenty for all that I do which perhaps makes me a sad old geezer :-)

Hi BazP, welcome to IObit Forum! :grin:

You can check the locations:

C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 4\SecurityHole_Backup

and

C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 4\SecurityHole_Download

if there are any updates downloaded and backed up, and also see the sizes of them.

Cheers.

Hi BazP, welcome to IObit Forum! :grin:

You can check the locations:

C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 4\SecurityHole_Backup

and

C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 4\SecurityHole_Download

if there are any updates downloaded and backed up, and also see the sizes of them.

Cheers.

Thanks for your help, enoskype. I shall have a peek.

Archived