IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advanced SystemCare 4 - Empty Shell

jors

I have updated Advanced SystemCare 4 Pro to 4.2 today via automatic update and the program just shows the bitmat when run. No buttons are available except the upgrade button. The bitmap shows the standard version but when clicked the upgrade button shows I am on Pro. I can also only kills the program by going to Task manager and force kill the running process. Fortunately I saved the older version and I am going back now to the older version and switch off automatic updates.

Regards

Johan.

I have downloaded the V4.2.0.0 manually.

I have uninstalled the version 4.0.1.0 and wiped all traces left in Program files.

I re-installed and it appears to be working fine now. (I have not rebooted yet).

Cheers

Johan

Hi Keter

I trust you recieved a mail with your username and the licences.

Just copy that to a place where it is not deleted and use them to reactivate you pro programs.

If you have deleted that license mail by mistake you can find the information in the program folder and copy that to a stick or whatever for later use.

Should all this fail because you have deleted the mail and the folders - then just write support and tell them who you are and what your problem is -and they will provide you with your lost licenses.

Cheers

solbjerg

I ran into this on Win7 x64. I bought 3 licenses. How do I uninstall/reinstall without burning a license? Thanks.

Thank you. I have successfully accomplished the reinstall and have the license key and registered it. I am concerned that this will affect the number of allowed installations so that I will end up short one license (I have two desktops and a netbook). Crossing fingers that the other 2 installs (to be done tonight when I get home) will register. I put in a support ticket for this, just in case I run into a problem with the number of installations.

For future reference of those who may read this later, it looks like at least some of us need to uninstall the older version (I used Revo Uninstaller) and manually delete the directories left behind before installing the 4.2 version.

A bit more information for diagnosing the bug: as mentioned in the support ticket, I also tried to open the Settings window, which right away froze the program, as did opening Quick Care from a shortcut. I have screen shots if you need them.

Archived