IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Problems w/ AVS4 and iTunes on Windows 7 64 bit

RandyBmore

I don't know if this has been covered elsewhere, if so I couldn't locate it.

I have had my HP pc for one year running windows 7 64bit w/ AVS4 and itunes for the entire time. Suddenly two weeks ago both programs refused to open. Since this is a iobit forum I will concentrate on that.

If I click on the program (desktop icon, c program list, all programs list) I get a brief moment where it appears that it is going to load and then nothing. It shows up in the task manager but never loads the program.

I have read through the forums and have tried everything I find. (Same with Microsoft's and Apple's)

I have done a system restore, uninstall/reinstall, clean install deleting all pertaining registry files and program files, created a new folder location, switched from program(x86) file to program files but nothing helps. If I leave it running in the registry and don't end the process, I can leave and go to work come home get on my computer and AVS4 will pop up. I can then access Quick Care or Deep Care but cannot access the Turbo Boost or the Toolbox. If I click off the program the cycle starts all over and I will start the uninstall/reinstall all over again. After clean install the furthest I get is to choose a skin and then straight to task manager without opening. I can run the individual iobit Uninstaller or Disk defrag w/ no problems. AVS4 takes between 3 18 hours to load onto the screen w/ limited usage.

Any help or new ideas? Thanks in advance

Hi RandyBmore, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

This problem has never been reported before.

It is very hard to figure out the problem without more information.

Perhaps it will be helpful if you give more information about the iTunes' behaviour.

Also, AVG's configuration may play a role on that.

You said that you have done a system restore, was the date before the problem occured?

Have you tried iTunes and ASC4 when AVG totally disabled?

Are you using any other security software apart from AVG, including Firewall?

Have you updated both programs to the latest versions?

What exactly the version of ASC4 are you using?

Cheers.

Sorry, that was a typo, I have AVG but I have currently disabled that and the windows firewall trying to solve this. I have a purchased version of Advanced SystemCare 4 Pro, latest version I assume since I downloaded it again today (but never got far enough to update it.)

As for itunes the exact same thing is happening. I have 10.5 the latest version. It worked before, failed to launch and then several hours later if I come back it pops up but doesn't fully function.

When I did the system restore I went back a month prior (furthest I had) and still had the same experience.

I have tried flushing dns and resetting the winsock thinking that maybe it was an access issue. Updated Flash and Java, uninstalled Microsoft updates from around that time but none of these have helped.

Hi RandyBmore

Glad you found the source of the problem... the question remains why. Continue to ask that question.

Enoskype got the AVG information from your profile... "Computer Details:

Windows 7 Home Premium, w/ AVG network security and Advanced System Care 4" not the typo.

You should wonder why your hard drive is causing this type of problem though, find the right forum, and search for the solution appropriately.

Thanks for posting on Iobit forum!!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

The WD external drive has always been a pain at startup. I would have to unplug it whenever I would restart my computer otherwise it won't start up. Pretty disappointed in it.

I recently installed a NEC 3.0 USB but had never used it, then I plugged the WD drive into it but never put the two together because I didn't try to access ASC4 or iTunes for a while, but as soon as I unplugged it, ASC4 and iTunes both popped up.

Now my only problem is that I uninstalled and re-installed my ASC4 so many times that the license now says that it is no longer valid.

Thanks for the ideas and assistance.

Live and learn as they say.

Have your ASC installs been clean installs?

Do you still have the original email from Iobit with your license code still in it? If so, did you try to copy and paste it into your ASC?

-Mel

Yes they have been clean installs. I just have a printed receipt of my purchase with the License Code. I type it in exactly like it's listed, the message I get says that I have installed it the maximum amount of times for my purchase.

I think you will have to contact Iobit support directly to resolve the license issue. Utilize the private messages link at the top right of the forum GUI to contact this Iobit support staff member: http://forums.iobit.com/member.php?u=8413 or if right now to this staff member: http://forums.iobit.com/member.php?u=15651

-Mel

P.S. Copy and paste the link to this thread out of your browser into your message to iobit support... it may aid in their response time.

No, come to think of it they don't. I tried my printer and a magic jack in it and neither worked right. When I first installed it, I was sent to another site for an updated driver but then I had to do a system restore a few months later for another issue and I lost it and was never able to find the updated driver site again.

You have to find the driver... There I believe you'll have the solution.

-Mel

Did the prompt for the updated driver come from windows or the firmware in the device?

Does the USB manufacturers page have a list of updated drivers for your device?

I am certainly not the most qualified to continue posting on this thread... I hope some other forum members pick up here, I've seen some; more knowlegable than I about hardware; viewing this thread! I am only asking the questions now not offering solutions!!!!

Archived