IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

GB/Ventrilo Problem (Repost!)

Hi! For some reason, whenever I start WoW with GameBooster and try to use Ventrilo, I'm unable to que up my mic unless I have the Ventilo window on top of all the other windows. I've tried starting WoW without GB and vice versa, starting Vent before WoW and GB, nothing seems to work. I checked under the GB settings and Ventrilo doesn't even seem to be listed there. So I'm at a bit of a loss for what to do.

Any help would be very appreciated. :)

Hi Gallaria

Have you tried this method:

http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php?p=65826&postcount=4

I found it by writing ventrilo in the forum search!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi! For some reason, whenever I start WoW with GameBooster and try to use Ventrilo, I'm unable to que up my mic unless I have the Ventilo window on top of all the other windows. I've tried starting WoW without GB and vice versa, starting Vent before WoW and GB, nothing seems to work. I checked under the GB settings and Ventrilo doesn't even seem to be listed there. So I'm at a bit of a loss for what to do.

Any help would be very appreciated. :)

Simular issues. No Ventrilo.exe listed though.

I am having close to this same problem. I was having to tab out of game to use vent. I uninstalled and reinstalled thinking I did something wrong.

Now, if I start vent and load the booster vent disappears from the running programs list tho its running in processes. I try to open it; it says its running. the same for Firefox now. I do not have Firefox selected. I can not talk in vent when I am tabbed in game.

When I go into the program to configure though there is no 'Ventrilo.exe' listed

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

• 2 months later...

I was having the same kind of trouble, only with Vent and Steam. Make sure that Ventrilo and Game Booster are both set to "Run As Administrator" by right clicking on the icon, going to properties ( you should then be under the shortcut tab), click on "Advanced" and make sure the box "Run As Administrator" is checked. It might not work with game booster, but this is the solution that worked for me when other programs were interfering with my vent in the same way you described.

• 4 months later...

Archived