IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC4 Skin Icons missing

azchurch

ASC 4 Pro 4.2 will load but the icons on the main screen are gone when it opens. I hover the mouse where they should be and click and nothing happens. I've been using ASC Pro for two years now and had v. 4.2 for a week or so and this is the first time this has happened. I've tried closing the program and restarting, rebooting PC, and changing skins. Thanks for any help.

[ATTACH]8729[/ATTACH]

HI Azchurch

Try a Clean Install of ASC. Make sure to copy your license information and paste it in after the install. Look at the clean install guidelines by clicking on this link: http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=39220#post39220 Also look at this post: http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php?p=42228&postcount=10

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Thank You

Thank you as I now have a fully functioning ASC Pro again!

My next step would have been an uninstall/reinstall. However, I would NOT have thought about deleting the folders, cleaning leftover registry items, etc. I appreciate you taking the time to reply, and especially the guided instructions in an easy step-by-step manner with the thoughtful suggestions put in.

BTW, as your instructions say, I agree about doing a restart after the uninstall, registry clean, and file deletion. It definitely doesn't hurt and may indeed help.

I appreciate the help sir. Thanks!

HI Azchurch, thanks for the feedback!

The credit goes to Woz and Solbjerg as they took the time to carefully detail the procedure, so we all can easily refer to it as needed, instead of giving instructions in every case its called for. The clean install procedure is useful to remedy many glitches in most every software on your system as well, not just Iobit products.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived