IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

AWC Personal Security Defense Anaylsis

Hello

My name is Russell and I am trying to understand this feature of AWC. I have been using AWC for some time and I have recommended it to others to solve there computer problems with great results. But right now I am trying to understand why I am seeing several trojan downloader win32's and perasites on my computer that have been immunized instead of removed. I have Mc Afee Security Suite that is supposed to take cake of this stuff I thought but appears to be failing for the money I have paid. Why is this not programmed to remove this stuff instead of immunizing this stuff.

Hi Russell

I suppose we are talking about AWC 2-x?

The defense against spyware and the like there - is a list of sites that are blocked from entering your computer. It does not scan heurestically, just blocks the items in the list,- hope you have them all blocked!

One of the best antivirus programs is nod32, try their online virus scan, which is free.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello

My name is Russell and I am trying to understand this feature of AWC. I have been using AWC for some time and I have recommended it to others to solve there computer problems with great results. But right now I am trying to understand why I am seeing several trojan downloader win32's and perasites on my computer that have been immunized instead of removed. I have Mc Afee Security Suite that is supposed to take cake of this stuff I thought but appears to be failing for the money I have paid. Why is this not programmed to remove this stuff instead of immunizing this stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

yes, what he said. it immunizes (i know it as preventing malicious (is that how you spell it?) code in the browsers so it blocks any bad websites and cookies that come from bad websites or bad cookies or bad active x crap... lol) mcafee is an antivirus so it protects from viruses and scans for viruses but it is not an ANTISPYWARE. you can look up the legit version of Spyware Terminator (one rogue antispyware product named itself the same thing. LOL). immunize yourself! oh and spybot search and destroy is GREAT for immunizing.

Archived