IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SD 2.2 Boot Time Defrag still not working?

ektorbarajas

Hi.

Due to bugs and issues on previous releases, for a long time I abandoned SD.

Now for release 2.2 I decided to give it a try and it's more stable, but noticed that boot time defrag is not working as expected.

This is stated by Iobit about boot defrag on the product webpage:

"Boot Time Defrag" Technology New!

Smart Defrag 2 is using a new "Boot Time Defrag" technology which allows you to defrag files during the system boot process, while these files cannot be defragged or are not safe to move after the system is already boot-up.

So after runing a boot defrag on C drive, the report says the following:

Total size 5.67 GB, Defragmented 12

And I suposed that all the unmovable files where already fragmented / optimized.

My surprise was that even after runing a Full optimize, there are still fragmented files that appears as unmovable

SD 2.2 seems to be an improvement over past version, but I think that having a true, working and efficient boot time defrag will make a great diference.

Regards

Archived