IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Future Version(s) Request

jhvance

I started using the free v4 following a friend's recommendation, really liked it so have recently upgraded to the v5 and am considering a move to the pro (paid) version sometime in the not-too-distant future.

However, I've got a couple of requests for future versions right now:

1. Please DO NOT set the default installation parameter(s) to clean SAVED PASSWORDS for any application! This was an unpleasant outcome from the initial deep scan run in v5, and it's been more than a little PITA to re-establish them all properly on the various sites where they're required. Also, make it more clear what is meant in the user settings for a checked box under "save passwords" (note that it ISN'T "saved passwords" and the checked box DOES currently mean your saved passwords will be cleaned) -- the different tense in English provides the opposite implication than what actually occurs, though I can't speak to how accurate it might be in any of the other languages available.

2. For those of us who have multiple computers in a home office and/or household, please consider establishing an expanded volume licensing option that goes beyond 2 -- I've got 5 different computers to manage, but I'm not at all interested in paying the single-license retail price times five (or the dual-license cost times 2-1/2), particularly if that's going to be an annual or periodically recurring cost with each major version release like v4 to v5. There are a number of other vendors for various apps (anti-malware and others) who provide an expanded licensing cost structure (others like M$ and Adobe, not so much if at all), and hopefully that will be available in your business plan soon. I'm not some big corporate entity that has lots of spare cash to throw at IT vendors, and I have to be selective about where and how my IT budget gets spent.

I started using the free v4 following a friend's recommendation, really liked it so have recently upgraded to the v5 and am considering a move to the pro (paid) version sometime in the not-too-distant future.

However, I've got a couple of requests for future versions right now:

1. Please DO NOT set the default installation parameter(s) to clean SAVED PASSWORDS for any application! This was an unpleasant outcome from the initial deep scan run in v5, and it's been more than a little PITA to re-establish them all properly on the various sites where they're required. Also, make it more clear what is meant in the user settings for a checked box under "save passwords" (note that it ISN'T "saved passwords" and the checked box DOES currently mean your saved passwords will be cleaned) -- the different tense in English provides the opposite implication than what actually occurs, though I can't speak to how accurate it might be in any of the other languages available.

2. For those of us who have multiple computers in a home office and/or household, please consider establishing an expanded volume licensing option that goes beyond 2 -- I've got 5 different computers to manage, but I'm not at all interested in paying the single-license retail price times five (or the dual-license cost times 2-1/2), particularly if that's going to be an annual or periodically recurring cost with each major version release like v4 to v5. There are a number of other vendors for various apps (anti-malware and others) who provide an expanded licensing cost structure (others like M$ and Adobe, not so much if at all), and hopefully that will be available in your business plan soon. I'm not some big corporate entity that has lots of spare cash to throw at IT vendors, and I have to be selective about where and how my IT budget gets spent.

#2 is easy... please send a PM (private message) to Lily2000. Make clear your request and steer her to your thread to make it easy. If not satisfied then send a PM to Cicely. The blue private message link on the forum toolbar at the top right the Forum GUI will get you where you need to go.

#1 is not easy. From a security point of view... having various softwares " REMEMBER" your passwords is BAD:evil:

The Iobit programmers have this absolutely correct... saved passwords through various programs can be stolen/robbed/ identity theft and the whole bit!!! So should be REMOVED by default!!! If you want to be lazy and not remember or have to type in your passwords/compromise your security than so be it! You can choose this option as you wish within ALL your security softwares (not only Iobit)... (the very question you ask implies you have vulnerabilities, and rely heavily on one security software<<mistake>>).

Hope this is helpful!:grin:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and Prosper!!!

Archived