IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Back to 4.2.0 Pro

tangosdad

Ok, I learned my lesson. Normally I take any upgrade available for any software cause I gotta have the latest and greatest. . I won't be making that mistake again with something like ASC that can make significant changes to my system. I will be waiting for 5.1 release before I ever try it again. Lesson learned...

Hi tangosdad... welcome to Iobit forum!

It is evident by the recent posts here that there are still some issues with ASC5.

Many users of ASC open and use the new version as they did in the past and wonder what happened??

If you are one of these... please help us understand the reason for your reversion to 4.2?

Exactly what issues did you encounter?

It would be extremely helpful to the volunteer members here if you elaborate!;-)

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!!

Back to ASCv4 Pro

Hi Mel, I am also very disappointed with ASCv5, and have reverted back to v4. To recap my earlier post, v5 Deep Care is where the trouble lies. If I select all the scanning options (or check the "select all" box) the magnifying glass animation begins, but it really doesn't scan at all. I let it run all night and it never launched. Some of the scanning options run when selected individually, but not the deep malware scan, and the "initializing database" dialog never appears. Version 4 works beautifully and I like the Performance Monitor, so I reverted back to it. I hope v5 gets debugged soon, or I will not renew my subscription. I will monitor this forum for updates. -Matt

Hi Mel,

The big issue for me was that ASC 5 somehow killed the Windows Search Engine in Windows 7 and I received a warning each time I opened up Outlook. Took me a very long time to figure out how to reenable that.

But why would ASC ***** around with something so fundamental? And the responses here don't seem to put much urgency on that issue when it's reported and some seem to minimize it by saying "I don't use or like Windows Search anyway", just do a restore, use other software to fix your system, etc. Instead I want to see Iobit say "We want to get to the bottom of this asap". I have not seen anything to that effect.

I realize that killing Windows Search engine is not the end of the world. But what bothers me is that if ASC is messing around with something that blatant and obvious... what else is it messing around with that I don't know about? Yet...

And for goodness sake... if there is an issue with the install then fix it. Making someone jump through a bunch of hoops just to upgrade software is nuts. If they have the time to create a set of rules to upgrade - i.e. uninstall, clean, reinstall, then they have time to fix an install script. What we have here are beta install procedures.

I'm happy with version 4 and I'll stick with it until I see a dot release or even 2 and some good words here on the forum.

Hi CleanData101.

Your particular problem sounds like a bad install. tangosdad appears to think the clean install guidelines are a band aid or something that Iobit has to fix. It is common for softwares to leave remnants behind that can interfere with newer versions of the same software... especially when supporting a large variety of OS.

If you are saving ASC4 somewhere on your system CleanData... then that may be part of the problem concerning the uninstall/update.

To make sure you have a clean install... please review these guidelines CleanData: http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=39220#post39220 and http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=39220#post39220

I think this will solve your issues CleanData!:-D

Sincerely.

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

P.S. I looked at all your other posts too CleanData!!

Hi tangosdad!

Hi Mel,

The big issue for me was that ASC 5 somehow killed the Windows Search Engine in Windows 7 and I received a warning each time I opened up Outlook. Took me a very long time to figure out how to reenable that.

But why would ASC ***** around with something so fundamental? And the responses here don't seem to put much urgency on that issue when it's reported and some seem to minimize it by saying "I don't use or like Windows Search anyway", just do a restore, use other software to fix your system, etc. Instead I want to see Iobit say "We want to get to the bottom of this asap". I have not seen anything to that effect.

I realize that killing Windows Search engine is not the end of the world. But what bothers me is that if ASC is messing around with something that blatant and obvious... what else is it messing around with that I don't know about? Yet...

And for goodness sake... if there is an issue with the install then fix it. Making someone jump through a bunch of hoops just to upgrade software is nuts. If they have the time to create a set of rules to upgrade - i.e. uninstall, clean, reinstall, then they have time to fix an install script. What we have here are beta install procedures.

I'm happy with version 4 and I'll stick with it until I see a dot release or even 2 and some good words here on the forum.

We are all volunteers here who are unpaid by Iobit and seek to learn and aid others for the mutual good! Any suggestions given here by members are posted within that context and understanding. Please don't misinterpret Iobit forum posters or leaders with Iobit employees!! Posts here on Iobit forum are most likely not going to be seen by an Iobit emplyee!! Official Iobit online support where your information will be reviewed by an Iobit employee is here -> http://www.iobit.com/onlinesupport.html

It is probably a good idea for you to revert to ASC4! I would even wait for more feedback after the newest release is made (current release is a dot release .158).

The newest release of ASC5 is here: http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=11844

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

I would not call the clean install guidelines as a bandaid. Absolutely we have to do what we have to do to make things work, no problem there.

Instead I would view it as laziness on the part of IObit. I've written and packaged many a software program and there is absolutely no reason why a cleanup as has been outlined by you guys can not be done by the developers.

My comments were not intended as a slap at you folks. But now you are telling me that iObit doesn't even monitor these forums or gather customer feedback in this manner? Well... there you have it. You guys are doing a great job trying to help the users of IObit products. My hat is off to you all. But I say shame on IObit for not only failing to support their customers here but failing to support you guys as well.

My apologies, I intended no offense towards you guys. Towards IObit? Maybe that is another story...

Hi tangosdad!

I appreciate and welcome your feedback!!:smile:

As far as the uninstallation of software is concerned... even if Iobit improved the package delivered to the Windows system installer further, it would still not get the job done. That is true of almost every software installed and then uninstalled on your system. There are fragments of all of them left behind!! If you relied on the boxed uninstaller in the softwares you helped deliver... then there are remnants left behind there as well!! Seamless and pretty isn't always the best!

Iobit employees do watch this forum a bit. It is better now than it once was. I apologize for the absolutism in my statement!

I encourage you to use the link I provided to deliver a message to Iobit online support... even copy and post your messages here to there!

I suspect the developers/programmers/engineers are quite busy these days!

Or you could further search this forum and locate the members of the Iobit Support staff that peruse/post/help here. Nevermind...here they are...(Cicely,Lily2000,Hxin,itobe)

-Mel

Archived