IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Optimize Defrag Algorithm

Hello guys,

First time in the history of IObit's defragmantation, company has announced the likely algorithm of the defrag engine (Smart Defrag).

Please find below the quote about the "Smart Defrag" in the AWC3 Beta 2.7.1

Enable Smart Defrag

Intelligently organizes drive data for maximum program performance and long-lasting data contiguity. Smart Defrag is an advanced and patent-suspended technology of IObit. Files are organized by their creation and modified dates. The theory is that files that have not changed recently are less likely to change in the future. These older files are grouped together so that once Smart Defrag have placed them, future defragmentation passes are less likely to move them again. Thus, future defragmentation will work much better, keep hard disk healthy as well.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sunny (I hope it really is sunny in Staines)

I am of the same opinion as you on this subject.

By the way most of the possible questions about defragmentation, is discussed in Enoskypes article "Talking about defragmentation" in the Lounge.

Cheers

solbjerg

IcyFrostPyro

Using two defrag programs is not good they end up correcting each other as they both optimize differently.

IObit smart defrag and JKDefrag are I think the best two defrag programs available but you need to stick with just one.

IcyFrostPyro

Using two defrag programs is not good they end up correcting each other as they both optimize differently.

IObit smart defrag and JKDefrag are I think the best two defrag programs available but you need to stick with just one.

Thanks, but I need to know which is better. :) so im testing them right now

Archived