IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Can't use my live id anymore through the desktop

xpanta

Hi,

Yesterday while using Advanced System Care 4's Deep Care I got disconnected from Windows Live. I know because I stopped getting mails from Hotmail through live mail and live Mesh stopped syncing.

Since then I tried to reconnect many times and I always get a Login error. I can still login to my webmail in hotmail (ie my credentials are correct). So it is a desktop problem.

I tried to system-restore to 2 days before and even tried reinstall windows live (not uninstall-install. Just re-install). I still get the same error ("There was a problem with login process. Please try again later").

I don't know if there was something wrong with ASC4 (can't blame it. It is a good software), however I got disconnected while using deep care. Can't remember which step. It was somewhere in the middle of the process.

What else can I do?

Chris

Welcome

Welcome to the forum :smile:

I don't use Windows Live but somone else might be able to help with that.

Yesterday or today (depending on your Time Zone) was Windows 'Second Tuesday of the month' update day, coincidence?

I wonder if there were any updates that might have affected Windows Live?

As to Advanced SystemCare, it is now at version 5 and it is recommended you update.

You can download ASC5 from the thread Advanced SystemCare 5 is Updated (5.0.0.158)

All the best, woz of oz

Welcome to the forum :smile:

I don't use Windows Live but somone else might be able to help with that.

Yesterday or today (depending on your Time Zone) was Windows 'Second Tuesday of the month' update day, coincidence?

I wonder if there were any updates that might have affected Windows Live?

As to Advanced SystemCare, it is now at version 5 and it is recommended you update.

You can download ASC5 from the thread Advanced SystemCare 5 is Updated (5.0.0.158)

All the best, woz of oz

Thank you :)

At the moment I cannot upgrade to version 5. I got ASC4 from an offer that does not allow me that.

However I am willing to buy version 5 in the future. I find the upgrade price to be fair.

At the moment I need to clarify that corrupting my live login is not ASC4's fault.

Concerning the Windows update day, you were right. This morning I received an update from microsoft. I hoped it would fix my live login problemm but it didn't. I have contacted Microsoft for that matter, too, and I am waiting for their answer.

Archived