IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Can I scan my external hard drive?

flycaster

Hi flycaster!

From your question I am left with the impression that you can't see your external harddrive in the selection pane?

Have you tried to shift the usb connection from the front to the rear of your computer. There should be more power behind it in the hind position, at least I think I read that once here in the forum.

Cheers

solbjerg

Using a seagate external hard drive to backup computer. Can I use AWC to scan this drive?

Hi flycaster!

From your question I am left with the impression that you can't see your external harddrive in the selection pane?

Have you tried to shift the usb connection from the front to the rear of your computer. There should be more power behind it in the hind position, at least I think I read that once here in the forum.

Cheers

solbjerg

The drive is well powered. The problem is I don't think (or at least I can't find it) I have a selection pane with which to choose a scan of my external drive. I'm using Beta 2.7.2

Hi flycaster

In your tools you have Disk Explorer, right?

Can you see your external drive there?

I don't remember if Disk Explorer was in version 2.7.2, but if it isn't try upgrading to the newest version 2.8.1

Cheers

solbjerg

The drive is well powered. The problem is I don't think (or at least I can't find it) I have a selection pane with which to choose a scan of my external drive. I'm using Beta 2.7.2

Hi flycaster

In your tools you have Disk Explorer, right?

Can you see your external drive there?

I don't remember if Disk Explorer was in version 2.7.2, but if it isn't try upgrading to the newest version 2.8.1

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes, I do have Disk Explorer. However, running it (Analyze) didn't show me how to selectively use AWC to clean my external drive. Once again, I'd like to be able to run AWC just on my external drive. If Disk Explorer is the way to go, could you please tell me how?

hi flycaster

I do not have an external harddisk, but I have two harddisks in my computer, and both are shown C: and D: with an Analyze button for each one, so if your computer shows your external harddisk it should be straightforward.

If it does not - then perhaps enoskype knows about the problem.

I use AWC 2.8.1 and the latest beta version of AWC 3

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes, I do have Disk Explorer. However, running it (Analyze) didn't show me how to selectively use AWC to clean my external drive. Once again, I'd like to be able to run AWC just on my external drive. If Disk Explorer is the way to go, could you please tell me how?

Archived