IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Game Booster won't restore my settings [FIXED by clean install]

Game Booster 3 will start up and optimize my system with no problems. But once I'm done gaming and tell it to restore, it has problems. The graphic of the ring going around the restore button will go almost all the way around, but it freezes at the very last part and won't keep going. My cursor blinks very rapidly back and forth between the hourglass "thinking" icon and the normal cursor when I have it hovering over the GB window. I have let it sit all night while I slept, and when I woke up it was still in the same state, no progress. The GB window appears to be frozen as I can't click anything or close it out, but task manager tells me it's still responding. The only way I can get it to stop is to kill the process in task manager and immediately restart my computer.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit on a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop. Pentium Dual Core CPU T4300 @ 2.10GHz, 4GB RAM.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Is there any way I can tell which process or program it's stuck on trying to restart besides going through and changing the boost settings one program at a time to experiment? Is there any other information I need to give to help figure this out?

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Addie

Thank you. :) I've been on silent patrol for a bit now, but finally gave in and made an account. lol.

And yes, I've been trying this daily (sometimes more than once a day) since Jan. 6th. It's the same results every time I use GB. The only way I have found that I can get my computer back to normal is to restart it. Sometimes I restart and some settings haven't changed back (power plan is still set to gaming, Windows Update is still disabled, visual theme on my desktop is still the boxy classic look instead of the see-through purple I normally have, etc.) and sometimes I restart and it's like I never changed anything in the first place.

I did have 3.2, but I did a clean install anyway. I'm still having the problem. Shortly after GB did the almost freeze, an error message telling me that alps pointing device driver stopped working. I restarted, told it not to stop that service, and tried again. Sadly, this didn't fix the problem. If anything, it made GB run slower and glitch out sooner.

Hi akwkitty,

Please check the value of hidserv= under [services_WIN7] in the Service.ini @ C:\ProgramData\IObit\Game Booster 3 folder and tell us the value.

In fact copy and paste to the post the content under [services_WIN7] of service.ini

Reading the note on top of ServiceWhiteList.txt @ the same location as Service.ini file may also give you a clue.

Cheers.

[services_WIN7]

AxInstSV=1

SensrSvc=1

AeLookupSvc=1

ALG=1

AppMgmt=1

BITS=1

BDESVC=1

bthserv=0

PeerDistSvc=1

CertPropSvc=1

Browser=1

UxSms=0

VaultSvc=1

DPS=1

WdiServiceHost=1

WdiSystemHost=1

TrkWks=1

EFS=1

Fax=1

fdPHost=1

FDResPub=1

hkmsvc=1

hidserv=0

UI0Detect=1

SharedAccess=1

iphlpsvc=1

PolicyAgent=1

KtmRm=1

lltdsvc=1

Mcx2Svc=1

swprv=1

MSiSCSI=1

NetTcpPortSharing=1

Netlogon=1

napagent=1

CscService=1

PNRPsvc=1

p2psvc=1

p2pimsvc=1

pla=1

IPBusEnum=1

PNRPAutoReg=1

WPDBusEnum=1

wercplsupport=1

PcaSvc=1

QWAVE=1

SessionEnv=1

TermService=1

UmRdpService=1

RpcLocator=1

RemoteRegistry=1

RemoteAccess=1

SCardSvr=1

SCPolicySvc=1

SNMPTRAP=1

sppuinotify=1

SSDPSRV=1

StorSvc=1

TabletInputService=1

TBS=1

WebClient=1

WbioSrvc=1

idsvc=1

WcsPlugInService=1

wcncsvc=1

WerSvc=1

Wecsvc=1

FontCache=1

StiSvc=1

ehRecvr=1

ehSched=1

WMPNetworkSvc=1

WinRM=1

W32Time=1

WinHttpAutoProxySvc=1

Spooler=1

Themes=1

Thanks akwkitty, all seems to be OK.

Can you check all the .ini files there and see if you can find a process and/or a service concerninig alps poiting device other than the service you have found.

This is an assumption that there is a conflict with alps device, but although it is a tedious process, unchecking all, then checking the checkboxes 3 by 3 or in half with the remaining each time, you may narrow down and pin point which process(es)/service(s) causing this glitch.

Cheers.

Archived