IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Game Booster Setting definition?

Hi Joe!

This mostly a bump post as I am not a gamer and don't utilize Gamebooster. By the description it implies that explorer.exe would be left running running as the game may be dependant on it... I don't know and this is a speculation.

As I said this is mostly a bump post as you haven't had a reply in 22 hours!:grin:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Game Desktop.

I tried this and it looks like it closed all the icons on the desktop. I am not sure what it does under the hood but at least Windows does not crash and is accepting of the changes. Does nothing to the task bar or Explorer. There is an option to stop explorer but it immediately gives you a warning saying it is dangerous to stop Explorer do you really want to do this. Of course I said NO.

I also use WindowBlinds 7.0 but after checking that to be stopped it still runs. I will have to start a new thread on what boost functions actually work.

Thank!

Joe

Game desktop and explorer.exe

The official definition of game/virtual desktop is that one on the IOBit site:

Pure Gaming Environment with "Game Desktop" New!

Game Booster 3 now is able to provide you a pure "gaming environment" that leaves only the gaming window on the desktop; thus you will not be disturbed by other programs during your gaming.

A different definition is also given next to the option, in the control panel of Game Booster.

Regarding the explorer.exe process, it is absolutely not "dangerous" to temporarily close it and several players (including me) do it regularly. The warning is given for beginners who might panic by finding that the desktop and the icon "My computer" has disappeared when it's enough to turn off Game Booster or go through the task manager as a last resort (Files > New Task > write explorer.exe > OK) to easily restore everything... Of course, restart the computer if something goes wrong will put everything in place, in case of major problem for a very unlucky person. ;-) However, please note that this function does not work in the current version (3.2) because of a bug: see this topic.

Game Booster is easy to use and understand, just do experiments with the options: no damage can be done to your computer (it mainly temporarily close programs and processes... ) and a reboot always arrange things if something goes wrong.

Have a nice day! :-)

Archived