IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

No need for creating two shortcuts

dodola

I think there is no need for creating two icons on my desktop.

I totally agree. I see no point for the need to have the extra Quick Care shortcut. A shortcut to Advanced SystemCare is sufficient.

It's unnecessary and taking up my desk.

If you don't like it, why don't you simply just delete one of them? All it takes is a simple right-click on your mouse, and then POOF!, it's gone. Couldn't be easier. :-)

Johnny, it's not difficult for me to delete them. Just my suggestion that IObit should consider about it. Taking up my desk means there are many icons on my desktop, and I don't want to manage them including Iobit's. I installed fences.:razz:

I used to have a ton of icons all over my screen, too. One day I got tired of looking at them and deleted all but twelve of them. Now everything is nice and tidy, and I can still get to the other programs through my Start menu when I want to use them. It took less than two minutes to do that, and I didn't even need Fences! :-P

Hi JohnnySokko

I have only the Recycle bin on my desktop - I do not like the clutter of all those shortcuts. I have a nice picture from Greenland on my desktop.

If I wanted - or had obsolete shortcuts on my desktop, one possibility would be to right click the desktop and choose the guide for tidying up the desktop. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

I used to have a ton of icons all over my screen, too. One day I got tired of looking at them and deleted all but twelve of them. Now everything is nice and tidy, and I can still get to the other programs through my Start menu when I want to use them. It took less than two minutes to do that, and I didn't even need Fences! :-P

I have only the Recycle bin on my desktop - I do not like the clutter of all those shortcuts.

Me neither. I hate them; that's why I deleted all of mine — except for a few that I use almost every day.

If I wanted - or had obsolete shortcuts on my desktop, one possibility would be to right click the desktop and choose the guide for tidying up the desktop. :-)

I know. I said the same exact thing in my first post — when I was telling the other poster how to clean up their screen. :-)

I don't think you're paying very close attention. :-P

Hi JohnnySokko

Did you really mention the desktop clean-up guide?

Sorry I must have missed that.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. We are both using XP - but he is using Windows 7 - is there perhaps a difference in that respect?

Me neither. I hate them; that's why I deleted all of mine — except for a few that I use almost every day.

I know. I said the same exact thing in my first post — when I was telling the other poster how to clean up their screen. :-)

I don't think you're paying very close attention. :-P

Hi, JohnnySokko. Did you really mention the desktop clean-up guide? Sorry, I must have missed that.

:-) Sort of. . . .

I didn't actually mention the Desktop Cleanup Wizard per se, but I did tell the other poster to simply right-click on the unwanted icons to simply just delete them. Personally, I don't see any point in using the Desktop Cleanup Wizard. All it does is moves your unwanted icons into an Unused Desktop Shortcuts folder (which is, itself, just another unwanted icon on your desktop).

Personally, I would rather just delete them and be done with it. :-)

And you can always still access your programs through the Start menu — should you realize that you deleted a shortcut that you wish you hadn't.

We are both using XP - but he is using Windows 7 - is there perhaps a difference in that respect?

Yes, there is. The Desktop Cleanup Wizard was not carried over into later versions of Windows. It's available on XP but not on Vista or 7.

My personal choice is to simply just delete any unused desktop shortcuts by right-clicking on them, and then POOF!, they're gone.

However, if someone wants to keep them and merely wants to clean up their desktop and make it look nice without actually deleting them, Windows Vista and Windows 7 users can very easily just manually create a new folder in their C:\Users\(user name)\Desktop folder and simply drag and drop their unwanted shortcuts into it. (That accomplishes pretty much the same thing as using the Desktop Cleanup Wizard.)

Hi guys,

I do use a folder for unused desktop shortcuts in my Documents folder. (There is a shortcut on the desktop for that folder for easy drag and drop when shortcuts created on the desktop though.)

One should be careful when deleting a shortcut on the desktop, as some may contain command swiches in the target line and may not exist in the Start menu.

Example: Switch to Gaming Mode shortcut of Game Booster

Target : "C:\Program Files\IObit\Game Booster 3\GameBooster.exe" -game

Cheers.:-)

Archived