IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

error: Windows-Station not ready [solved]

arnold1

There seems to be a bug in Suo14_SmartDefrag.exe. I enabled this at startup with /m.

It coursed the error. Click on Continue or Annul is starting it and then i have to click the x to get it working. Repeatable !!

I have SmartDefrag 2.3 installed but not running. No problem with older versions.

Same problem in Desktop (XP pro) and Laptop Win7 ultimate and Win7x64.

Arnold1 :roll::roll:

Hi arnold

You seem to be talking about ASC and the deep clean function SmartDefrag there.

How are your settings there for defragment - could you provide a screenshot?

Another possibility is that you have installed the new version over the top and some leftovers may have made trouble?

A third possibility could be that your SmartDefrag program isn't started (i.e. doesn't open with Windows) and this can cause a small delay in the opening of the program that may be responsible for the message of error.

Cheers

solbjerg

There seems to be a bug in Suo14_SmartDefrag.exe. I enabled this at startup with /m.

It coursed the error. Click on Continue or Annul is starting it and then i have to click the x to get it working. Repeatable !!

I have SmartDefrag 2.3 installed but not running. No problem with older versions.

Same problem in Desktop (XP pro) and Laptop Win7 ultimate and Win7x64.

Arnold1 :roll::roll:

Hi arnold1,

Why did you decide to use /m switch for Suo14_SmartDefrag.exe?

What do you expect from the behaviour of it?

I find it hard to understand what you want to do.

Suo14_SmartDefrag.exe, used within ASC, invokes to start Smart Defrag if it exists in the PC, or takes you to IObit's web page if it is not installed in your PC.

/m switch is usualy used for Suo10_SmartRam.exe to start it with Windows start up.

Cheers.

Why did you decide to use /m switch for Suo14_SmartDefrag.exe?

What do you expect from the behavior of it?

Hi enoskype and solbjerg

All I want to do is starting SmartDefrag in the background at windows startup, like with the older versions.

So I delete the line Suo14_SmartDefrag.exe in HCKU/Run and un-installed Smart Defrag 2.3 with REVO. Then reinstalled it, checked configuration and restart W7 ultimate on my laptop.

AUTOSTART DOESN'T WORK AT ALL. That's why I tried it with

Suo14_SmartDefrag.exe /m.

I have to do the same on my desktop later when you give me a working solution.:cry::cry:

arnold1

Hi arnold

Do you have the SmartDefrag icon in the process line/taskbar?

Have you gone through the settings?

Have you read the manual? (Usage of IObit Products)

What do you want to achieve? Have the automatic defrag work? It will do so in accordance with your settings.

Open the SmartDefrag window at startup? Configure it to do so in your settings.

I think you will have to be more specific and verbose to make us understand, thank you!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi enoskype and solbjerg

All I want to do is starting SmartDefrag in the background at windows startup, like with the older versions.

So I delete the line Suo14_SmartDefrag.exe in HCKU/Run and un-installed Smart Defrag 2.3 with REVO. Then reinstalled it, checked configuration and restart W7 ultimate on my laptop.

I have to do the same on my desktop later when you give me a working solution.:cry::cry:

arnold1

Hi arnold1,

Automatic start of Smart Defrag when Windows starts is a Scheduled Task.

After putting a checkmark at "Load automatically at Windows startup" in General Settings, click Apply and OK buttons in Smart Defrag Settings.

Assuming from your profile that you are using XP, go to Control Panel and then Scheduled Tasks. Make sure that you have an entry like seen in the attached image.

You can try creating Scheduled Task as in the image, for Smart Defrag to start in startup of Windows.

Restart Windows, Smart Defrag icon should be in System tray and the program running in the background.

You may need to Clean Install Smart Defrag in case the above does not work.

BTW, there shouldn't be an entry in registry for Suo14_SmartDefrag.exe in HKCU/../Run.

Cheers.

Hi arnold

One possibility if you want to defrag as you start up is to configure Boot time defrag to start every time you start up your machine.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi enoskype and solbjerg

arnold1

• 4 months later...

Archived