IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advanced System Care Pro v 5.1.0

Kenny7

IOBit has been sending me emails trying to get me to upgrade the Pro version so I did and ran a Deep Scan on 9th Feb.

It got rid of a lot of stuff!

However, I have several Registry Cleaners in my computer (but not paid to repair) and one of them starts up automatically every time I switch on. The next time after 9th Feb it showed 402 errors! Oh dear! Does that mean that Advanced System Care Pro v 5.1.0 is not nearly as good as it is cracked up to be? Well, I thought, why not try some others to see if I get similar results. Well I did and I did. So can anyone explain to me why Advanced System Care Pro v 5.1.0 did not clean these 402 errors? Most were DivX/Active X (295). Another Registry cleaner showed 445 Registry errors! Should I be concerned? They also say my PC Health is Poor!

What happens now?

Also, some of the opposition say they have the Gold award on Top Ten Reviews but when you go there they are not even on the list! What goes there? Who can you trust?

Kenny7

Hi Kenny7!

The newest version of ASC is here, ver 5.1.0.196.

Different registry cleaning and repair programs operate on completely different repair/cleaning criteria. I would suspect some of the errors generated by the other software were actually caused by you running ASC.

Most people are under the false belief that their registry must be meticulously maintained, cleaned, and repaired. This is not only unnecessary it is unadvisable, sometimes resulting in serious system damage that can even lead to the reformat of your Windows. You must be very careful when tampering with your registry. I encourage you to investigate the threads here concerning this. Be especially careful in the use of ASC in the deep care area and don't just blindly fix all reported problems. The use of the term high risk in ASC means there is a high risk of damage to your system if the item is repaired! Please be especially careful with Activex and Directx entries. This tool may be useful in identifying what some of the items ASC detects are.

I also encourage you to review this thread: Usage of Iobit Products While the information sometimes seems to be dated, most all of it is still relevant. Pay particularly close attention to the settings you have ticked (selected).

ASC is very effective software, that is why it has the highest download #'s in recent histoy in this category of software in the entire world. You can certainly Google ASC and read what the reputable software reviewers have to say about it. ASC also is very powerful and must be used with care.

I hope this is useful to you and others that stumble upon this thread!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived