IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC in an enterprise environment

cyoung311

Forgive me if this has been asked before but ... We have an enterprise environment (a school district) and some rather old equipment. Several of the laptop users have recently been investigating the use of ASC 5 to improve the performance of their aging machines. So far it is a success except that they need admin privileges to run ASC. Is it possible to run the program as an admin in an unattended environment so that we don't have to grant admin privs to end-users? The end-users thus far have purchased single user licenses. Thanks in advance.

Hi cyoung311! Welcome to the Iobit Forums!

I apologize on behalf of the forums that your post was not addressed! You slipped by unnoticed. It happens sometimes.:wink:

Your question certainly isn't stupid!! I can't answer it... I will do a forum search for similar threads/posts and will post back in a few minutes. If I can't find a solution, I will direct a member of the Iobit support staff to address your thread.:smile:

Either way, I will post back in a few minutes.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi Cyoung311.

Here is one thread.

This is the only other example of this question I could find and as you can see there is not a real solution there.

I am going to ask Cicely from Iobit support to look at your thread. Be patient, she is on the other side of the planet. Sometimes I see her come online around midnight USA Eastern Standard time.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Thanks for the responses. I'm not impatient or irritated, just curious mostly as I am not a historical user of the ASC package and just need to figure out if we can deploy ASC5 in an enterprise environment without granting administrator access to each end user. At this time we are running Windows XP.

Thanks again for all responses...

Hi cyoung311, welcome to IObit Forum!

You must grant administrator usage to the ASC program and try to see if it works.

ASC will not work without administrator rights.

Vista and 7 keeps the choice of the user of a program, but I can't remember if XP keeps it after next startup of Windows.

In summary, you don't have to grant administrator access to each end user, but you have to run ASC with administrator rights at each user end.

Cheers.

Archived