IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

AWC 3 beta, NewHeur virus and theres more

Veggie

AWC 3 Beta is being flagged as NewHeur virus. Beta join link on the website flagged by Mcafee Site Advisor Plus:

tribalfusion.com is rated yellow by SiteAdvisor, info below.

This site spams (3)

Adware, spyware, or viruses (89)

Excessive popups (40)

Phishing or other scams (3)

Bad shopping experience (1)

Browser exploit (10)

This is pretty scary stuff. Numerous people are reporting this.

This topic thread is spamfest and totally incorrect.

McAfee software is total junk and misleading to the worst. :-x

All these claims made this Antivirus Software of McAfee are all false positives. And, not to be taken for serious at all.:roll:

Note: Symantec's Antivirus will probably do the same exact analysis. Please, disregard. Since, fixing it all up, will only cut off access to those active and totally safe/useful links. I should know, I get to use Symantec's services through my Internet Providers' packaged services.

:wink:

Hi Veggie

Yesterday IObit sent out a new version to AWC3 namely Beta 2.8.2 and the updater in this one doesn't give that false positive.

What happens is that IObits updater checks your version to see if you need an update, and this activity is detected by the anti-virus program, if the program can't identify it as a legitimate activity it flags it as "a suspicious character" and call it "a probably generic virus". which means that it doesn't have a trademark or brand name and therefore consequently must be a general virus.

It's a bit like if you were feeling poorly and I came by and said "you are probably ill" or "you probably have a virus"!

But as I started saying this doesn't happen with the new version!

Cheers

solbjerg

Mcafee is not the only one flagging it as a virus. Nod32, Avast as well.

IObit not a brand? It is one and, legitimate to Symantec's database.

Updated/upgraded my Systemworks-Standard edition where in which, is contains the Antivirus program from Symantec. During its Full Scan for today, no mentions or reactions to AWC3 Beta 2.8.2 at all. Just found a mere tracking Cookie to deal with at Low Risk.:lol:

Hi Luc J. Patenaude

What I meant was that the cookie it flagged as a generic virus didn't have an identifying mark/brand/or whatever, -

:-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Updated/upgraded my Systemworks-Standard edition where in which, is contains the Antivirus program from Symantec. During its Full Scan for today, no mentions or reactions to AWC3 Beta 2.8.2 at all. Just found a mere tracking Cookie to deal with at Low Risk.:lol:

Archived