IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Why does ASC v5 have so many problems?

CleanData101

I am still afraid to upgrade to v5 (again) because there seems to be so many lingering problems, based on this forum and my own experiences with it. I reverted back to V4 Pro and it works beautifully for me, so why would I ask for trouble? I haven't noticed one thread from anyone who says v5 is a welcomed improvement over v4. IObit might lose me as a customer when my licence expires. (Enoskype, are my fears unjustified?)

I am still afraid to upgrade to v5 (again) because there seems to be so many lingering problems, based on this forum and my own experiences with it. I reverted back to V4 Pro and it works beautifully for me, so why would I ask for trouble? I haven't noticed one thread from anyone who says v5 is a welcomed improvement over v4. IObit might lose me as a customer when my licence expires. (Enoskype, are my fears unjustified?)

Hi CleanData101, I agree with sunny staines, but since you have waited long enough, I would wait for ASC5 5.2 which will be released very soon, and it will have less bugs than ASC5 5.1.

As you have also experienced, carefully checking the details of deep registry scan and ignoring the ones unknown to the user is the answer to many probable problems.

Cheers.

No problems with ASC 5.1 :mrgreen:

IObit is doing GREAT JOB :razz:

But if you disagree , wait for 5.2 ;-)

Cheers. :smile:

Hi CleanData

In my experience the bulk of "problems" comes from using the program wrongly. That is to say without configuring the settings to what you want to achieve - and from not reading the manual.

I do understand that the advertising claim of a "one-click-solution" can make people jump right in with their eyes closed.

This claim is fairly true after all the settings are set to your personal preference, but even then it isn't quite true.

First you have to open the program window - that is one click, then you have to start the scan - that is two clicks, then you have to click Repair, that is three clicks and finally you have to click Close . that brings it to four clicks in total. :-)

But if you have the pro version you can select one of the automatic functions and then forget about it. (This should also first be done after having selected your preferences, by running it manually a few times) Making use of the Ignore List possibility,

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks for the replies and advice, I will wait for 5.2 and go from there. I have faith! -CleanData101

Archived