IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Unable to download ASC

Purringtn

I just got a new Dell Inspiron N5110 with Windows 7 and Internet Explorer. I am a paid subscriber to ASC. When I try to download ASCv5 I get a message that says: asc-setup.exe couldn't be downloaded.

Also when I try to download Chrome Browser I get this message:

"

ERROR DETAILS

Following errors were detected during this operation.

* [3/8/2012 4:57:53 AM] System.IO.FileNotFoundException

- The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

- Source: System.Deployment

- Stack trace:

at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IsolationInterop.GetUserStore(UInt32 Flags, IntPtr hToken, Guid& riid)

at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore..ctor(ComponentStoreType storeType, SubscriptionStore subStore)

at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore..ctor(String deployPath, String tempPath, ComponentStoreType storeType)

at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.get_CurrentUser()

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)"

I am also unable to download any .pdf documents.

I am afraid I might be infected.

What can be done to resolve this?

Thank you

Hi Purringtn, welcome to IObit Forum! :grin:

If you are realy suspicious about virus, you can write a thread in Spyware-Malware Removal Help! section and wait for a Malware Fighter to respond.

Since you just got a new Dell Inspiron N5110 with Windows 7 and Internet Explorer, I would advice to contact the suplier of the PC, as it may mainly be OS error.

Cheers.

Hi Purringtn, welcome to IObit Forum! :grin:

If you are realy suspicious about virus, you can write a thread in Spyware-Malware Removal Help! section and wait for a Malware Fighter to respond.

Since you just got a new Dell Inspiron N5110 with Windows 7 and Internet Explorer, I would advice to contact the suplier of the PC, as it may mainly be OS error.

Cheers.

I have done as you have requested.

Thank you

search on msdn re error code

Hi All,

This appears to be a click once application error, see MSDN google posts.

Do you run any visual programms, using C++ or net framework.

There seems to be a problem using them if the programm was downloaded via a server, opposed to directly from site to your PC.

Roy

Archived